Page 18 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Ummm, fussing about text message problems?? I'm having a 2 to 4 hour time lag ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

Phyl1225 no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Ummm, fussing about text message problems?? I'm having a 2 to 4 hour time lag with text messages sent from rural ATT users, and I'm not getting any from Sprint at all (from Starkville) Anyone else have this problem? I don't think it's my phone since texts within the CSouth network come thru immediately, and ATT from Jackson also come right thru. My call to the bb techs was to be returned within 5 days. Last night they sent me a text to call general tech support. The message they left for me was to "wipe" my bb, with no further instructions or comments, not even to back it up first. I talked to the bb support today and she said it may be the ATT towers, but I did point out to her that you don't tell someone to "wipe" a phone unless you know that they have a clue. I don't plan to "wipe" mine just yet. Anyone else have a plan?

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Do NOT wipe your phone because your not getting messages from other carriers. That's crazy lol. We had maintenance in burg and coast today. I don't think that had anything to do with text.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Phyl1225 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Don't worry 'bout that! I learned a long time ago that when a tech doesn't have a good answer, that's what they suggest for lack of anything better. I learned that when I had gotten my first computer and a tech had me uninstall WINDOWS!! That was my first and last time to uninstall or "wipe" anything unless I got a really good reason for doing it.

Go through me for stuff like that..you know ill help and take you in the right direction.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

TheScantronman no está en línea Stack level 2
    So did I read correctly that CS is getting the Touch Pro 2 (is there a preview page for this as well)?

And with this whole Android contest (which I entered), what are the chances of CS snagging the HTC Hero?

I also have heard that CS is getting the Blackberry Tour/9630 by the end of the year. Truth to that?

1. touch pro..not tp2
    2. No word on what android we will be getting.
    3. Tour...No word but can assume being its the only world edition since 8830. Just assumptions.

Welcome to the forums...I see its your first post...tell us a lil about yourself!
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    1. touch pro..not tp2
    2. No word on what android we will be getting.
    3. Tour...No word but can assume being its the only world edition since 8830. Just assumptions.

Welcome to the forums...I see its your first post...tell us a lil about yourself!

Just live on the MS Coast. Used Cell South for like the last 5 or 6 years or so.

Currently have Blackberry 8830. I stay with CS due to the great plan rates but wish they'd be more aggressive in getting current phones.

yeah i hear ya on the phones...we have DEF come a long way on our phones...been pretty aggressive compared to the past. Due to certain regulations and exclusivness...we are allowed to sell "any" phone...but thats being addressed and we will see whats in store for us on csouth in the future...gonna be exciting!
    Last edited by pmarshall; 07-09-2009 at 01:00 PM.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

yeah i hear ya on the phones...we have DEF come a long way on our phones...been pretty aggressive compared to the past. Due to certain regulations and exclusivness...we are allowed to sell "any" phone...but thats being addressed and we will see whats in store for us on csouth in the future...gonna be exciting!
    Well if you ever hear any rumblings about the Hero or even the Palm Pre, spill beans plz. :P

I'd just like for CS to get a quality touch-handset that's not Windows Mobile.

lol i hear ya... i like the andriod...not to thrilled about the palm pre myself...but i know many people like palm and wish we would get it back...we shall see! What csouth do you visit?
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

lol i hear ya... i like the andriod...not to thrilled about the palm pre myself...but i know many people like palm and wish we would get it back...we shall see! What csouth do you visit?
    I got my most recent phone at the one in Gulfport behind Wal-Mart.

Prior to that I went to the one in Pascagoula since it's close to where I work.

Gotcha...im the DCS at the gulfport location...feel free to come in and chat or ask question anytime!
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Gotcha...im the DCS at the gulfport location...feel free to come in and chat or ask question anytime!

As in Discover Center? Were you the fellow that showed me how to get new themes on my phone (Blackberry Pearl at the time)?

yeah most likely it was me...ive been dcs for 3 months now...
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

mbenzit no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30926a4e

P'Marshall I'm sorry its been a while but....

I hate to be the 1 you only hear from when there is a problem. Lately
    during my spare time after work I have been spending time getting rid of
    the PAL virus on my 13 yo. daughters laptop (she has the BB 8830 world)... of the 37,000 protection programs I have on this 6mo. Acer ,Adaware Se got it, that was the easy part. That little monster had given me 9 new attatchments to my browser (that no scan detected) she had my HP for a week ( scarey!) hijackthis stopped the browser gone wild syndrome left behind. Anyway I am still amazed with with my
    8230 Pearl flip, but sometimes after changing something in ringtones I get this
    error message "device media processor is busy" and it wont ring when called.
    And wont play Alarm type ring tones. I have to do a "battery pull" to run properly again, I havent done that since my BB 8130 old phone. Can you help me out? And I promise I wont let Sarah (my daughter) touch my Pearl flip. Thanks... sorry about the rambling on. thanks, Ken