Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I really don't think it is fair to be locked into a 2 year contract ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

Slovak65 no está en línea Stack level 2

why cant i break my contratc when the Curve doesnt work as advertised?

Advertisement

I really don't think it is fair to be locked into a 2 year contract with Alltel on a phone that does not work properly as advertised. What I mean is my 8330 does not have full mms capabilities. I cannot send or receive any video or audio messages, just text and regular picture messages. Alltel said rim is working on a fix for this, but we all know how slow rim is with cdma updates.
    So isn't it really like false advertising to sell a phone that has listed features that DO NOT work? I mean I think Alltel should have thouroughly tested all the features of this phone BEFORE releasing it. Right? So then why shouldn't I be able to get out of my contract since they sold me something that doesn't work as advertised? I purchases this smartphone because of its mms capabilities.

Medic no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    well you would have to call the retention dept of alltel and explain the situation in an appropriate manner and they might understand, but you also have to remember when you sign that contract, your signing for the service of the carrier not the functionality of their devices. more than likely they are gonna say if you dont like the curve then they will allow you to switch devices at no cost but you have to keep your contract.
    Sorrow is tranquility remembered in emotion.

Alltel doesn't work like that. Besides, even if they did the only other mms capable smartphone they have is the HTC touch and that other HTC model, which has (cough, cough) winblows operating system which sucks imo

PIN/ID
    Stack
    i am just saying that allowing you to break your contract without penalties will be the last thing they will offer.

I understand, but if you purchased something that didn't work as advertised wouldn't you want your money back?

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    just as a question though...would it really be a RIM issue. Doesn't this functionality work for all of the other carriers??? to me it sounds like something Alltel should be working on....not RIM.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    It's a CDMA thing. Sprint and Verizon have the same issue. I'm just curious why not just email it to them the pics or whatever you are trying to send? Since you do have a Blackberry. I understand your frustration, but really false advertising, not sure if I would go that far, since it does work on GSM networks (sort of). TMO has issues with MMS also so it's really not just CDMA.

The only way you're going to get the MMS, is to switch carriers or get a different phone with the capabilities you want. Maybe a blackberry isn't for you.

I would just keep pressing an escalating the issue. Don't get frustrated and be calm and pleasant. Set some time aside for the call also. Just keep asking for their superior if they aren't being helpful.

Good luck.

Good question. Not sure but Alltel swears it is rim's problem and that rim is working on a fix for it.

Why not email them? Because my friends don't have smartphones and try to send me these funny aidio or video messages that I can receive on my razr phones but not this smartphone, plus their phones don't have email like ours does.

PIN/ID
    Stack
    wait what do u mean its a cdma issue? verizon bb's have mms messaging

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Medic View Post
    wait what do u mean its a cdma issue? verizon bb's have mms messaging
    Exactly thats why i was saying it sounds more like an alltel issue then a rim issue.

corys00 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    317d7591
    Doesn't Alltel have a trial period? You could've returned the device during that time frame. Does Alltel advertise the MMS feature with the 8330? Because if they don't, then the device is functioning exactly how it was intended.

scorpiodsu no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have Verizon and my MMS works just fine with videos, pictures and audio. Not a CDMA issue.

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3
    Is this really that big of and issue? You all ready have a device far and away better than your friends with razors and such. Let the carrier or RIM work out the MMS issue and enjoy what you do have. Medic is right, the last thing the carrier is going to do is part with income.
    Andy

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    T~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I was informed that it was a CDMA issue with Alltel's network not playing nice with the RIM servers for BIS. I guess I was misinformed. Either way your BB is way cooler than your friends razr.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast