Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by Rcbjr robday, Are you saying that you don't have a Blackberry Data ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

robday no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Can't Access BlackBerry Help or mobile site from 8700f/Orange

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    robday,

Are you saying that you don't have a Blackberry Data Plan? To get them free you have to install them OTA, to do that you need the Blackberry Data Plan.

Rcbjr.
    No, got a data plan. The Kagi website uses buttons that the blackberry can't recognize I guess. It could me me but the consistent Gateway error implies that their server doesn't understand the blackberry's request.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Kagi website? Blackberry HELP is a RIM site, I don't know what you are doing wrong, but Check you Options/Advanced Options/Browser Configuration and try setting the default Browser to Internet, then go the the BlackBerry HELP link in your Browser Bookmarks.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

griffjnr, Welcome to PinStack, Some how I missed you post.

Try the steps I have outlined in my last response to robday, and let us know how it works.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

lazypics no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the same problem, I've tried to work out how to register with the blackberry dot orange thing which came in the box as a slip of paper and nothing happens, just says there is an error - just doesn't work - thinking of sending the ***ing thing back! - Not impressed

richev no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Re: Can't Access BlackBerry Help or mobile site from 8700f/Orange

Quote Originally Posted by motdiem
    Hi,
    I'm a newbie with blackberries.
    I have a 8700f with Orange (France) as the carrier.

Using the built-in browser, I can go to websites (successfully downloaded google maps over the air), but I can't reach the blackberry help or the mobile.blackberry.com domains - instead I get the following message:

-----
    The BlackBerry HELP! website is designed for use with the BlackBerry browser. For more information about BlackBerry visit ...
    -----

What am i missing or doing wrong ?

Thanks for your help
    I got a Pearl with a new Orange UK contract last month and have the same issue. Email and regular web browsing works fine, but I get the same help page if I visit mobile.blackberry.com.

I spoke with Orange support and after about half an hour of waiting and getting transferred they told me that their web browsing is currently "limited", that they do not know if/when this will change and that I should contact BlackBerry directly. I spent about ten minutes looking on the BlackBerry website but could not find a contact or support option that was available to personal (as opposed to corporate) customers.

I was already annoyed that I could not change the homepage of the Browser away from the useless (to me at least) Orange World homepage and more annoyed that I cannot delete any of the Orange "WAP Bookmarks" that I have no interest in using.

Now I am sighing with dissapointment that I have signed up to an 18 month contract for partial Blackberry functionality.

Overall I am very happy with the Pearl, but do not understand why Orange have locked the browser up to try and push you to their own websites, and to not allow you access to mobile.blackberry.com.

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

richev, I have the same problem with o2 UK. They do not support BB browser, How stupid is that, I have asked for this OTA on an other thread.

Meanwhile I use opera mini browser, which funnily enough seems to use BB browser to download some pages ??

Go figure !!
    Gaz.

eglot1 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the same issue with my 8700 from vodafone UK. I have tried in vain for two days to access the help site (but get the same useless site). Anyone had any luck with this yet?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by eglot1
    I have the same issue with my 8700 from vodafone UK. I have tried in vain for two days to access the help site (but get the same useless site). Anyone had any luck with this yet?
    You need to be sure that you're using the internet browser and not the Vodafone browser. Go to options/advanced options/browser and set the default configuration to internet. If you don't have this configuration in the choices, you will need to contact Vodafone CS, ask for data device support and ask them to make sure your account is properly provisioned for using the internet browser.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr.

markfaithfull no está en línea Stack level 1

Hello - I had the same issues with my 8700 from Orange - no Blackberry Internet Service service book or browser (caused problems trying to use add on software which looked for that service book) I eventually got through to a nice chap on 328 (business data support) explained what I needed and he sent the service book. Be calm, be polite! Mark

Paradox no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm on AT&T and just purchased a BB 8310 and also cannot access the mobile.blackberry.com site. Gives the same error about using blackberry browser only. I have tired all the settings mentioned here. The only thing I couldn't do is change the default configuration because only "media net" is an option, not "internet"

sohood no está en línea Stack level 2
    i have the same issue with the 8320

esasmiz no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have a 8300 Same Issue called At&T and nothing.. I have a standard Data plan not the BB Plan.

esasmiz no está en línea Stack level 1
    I found an alternative to mobile blackberry com go to owner lounge....

lazypics no está en línea Stack level 1
    When I recieved my Blackberry 8700F the advertisement was for Email, MP3's (as mentioned by the assistant at Orange) and a whole host of other features. I cannot access anything on any website? No Email; there isn't even a browser installed - The support pages didn't even work when I went to the orange website. So I registered at www dot blackberry dot orange dot com like it said in the manual and guess what; entered my IEM and PIN etc as requested and every time I logged in it keeps saying "Unknown error, please contact support" - Now they must have registered the phone in some way because when i tried re-registering its says "ID Number already in use with another carrier" - GUTTED! - Won't be getting another blackberry.

If anyone can shine some light on this i'd be very grateful.

Adam.

Bluebell Wood no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by lazypics View Post
    When I recieved my Blackberry 8700F the advertisement was for Email, MP3's (as mentioned by the assistant at Orange) and a whole host of other features. I cannot access anything on any website? No Email; there isn't even a browser installed - The support pages didn't even work when I went to the orange website. So I registered at www dot blackberry dot orange dot com like it said in the manual and guess what; entered my IEM and PIN etc as requested and every time I logged in it keeps saying "Unknown error, please contact support" - Now they must have registered the phone in some way because when i tried re-registering its says "ID Number already in use with another carrier" - GUTTED! - Won't be getting another blackberry.

If anyone can shine some light on this i'd be very grateful.

Adam.
    Where did you get your Blackberry from? what carrier was it with previously?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast