Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hi, I'm a newbie with blackberries. I have a 8700f with Orange (France) as the ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

motdiem no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Can't Access BlackBerry Help or mobile site from 8700f/Orange

Advertisement

Hi,
    I'm a newbie with blackberries.
    I have a 8700f with Orange (France) as the carrier.

Using the built-in browser, I can go to websites (successfully downloaded google maps over the air), but I can't reach the blackberry help or the mobile.blackberry.com domains - instead I get the following message:

-----
    The BlackBerry HELP! website is designed for use with the BlackBerry browser. For more information about BlackBerry visit www.blackberry.com
    -----

What am i missing or doing wrong ?

Thanks for your help

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Can't Access BlackBerry Help or mobile site from 8700f/Orange

Quote Originally Posted by motdiem
    Hi,
    I'm a newbie with blackberries.
    I have a 8700f with Orange (France) as the carrier.

Using the built-in browser, I can go to websites (successfully downloaded google maps over the air), but I can't reach the blackberry help or the mobile.blackberry.com domains - instead I get the following message:

-----
    The BlackBerry HELP! website is designed for use with the BlackBerry browser. For more information about BlackBerry visit www.blackberry.com
    -----

What am i missing or doing wrong ?

Thanks for your help
    You don't appear to be doing anything wrong the link is correct. Have you tried to use another browser mini opera is really good maybe it will take you to the blackberry sites here is the ota download link I use mini opera more than the blackberry browser http://miniopera.com/bb hope this works for you!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I just tried it also and got: "HTTP 502 Bad Gateway: The gateway received an invalid response from the server when attempting to fulfill your request. Please try loading a different page. Contact your service provider if the problem persists."

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    I just tried it also and got: "HTTP 502 Bad Gateway: The gateway received an invalid response from the server when attempting to fulfill your request. Please try loading a different page. Contact your service provider if the problem persists."
    That's weird I tried the link when I read the thread and it worked perfectly for me on my 7290. Yep, just tried it again went through using the blackberry browser.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

I got through just fine on my 7105t with T-mobile service. Could it have something to do with the service provider?

I'm on a 7105t with T-Mobile also.

Update: I just tried re-registering the BB AND sending service books, and NOTHING changed. Still getting the error

Can't pull the battery out cause I can't get the cover off of it. Just tried a soft reset also. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 05-26-2006 at 04:06 PM.

Hi, Tanks for your replies.

Doesn't seem to work with mini opera either.

My guess is that it has something to do with my carrier (orange france), but I can't really think of what it could be.

I was wondering if the Blackberry browser was replaced with something specific (as the start page takes me to the orange world website), and maybe I'm missing the real backberry browser ? Any way I could check that ?

wibbly no está en línea Stack level 3

1. You need to configure the general (GPRS) APN in your device. Out of the box your Blackberry will most likely only be configured to use the Blackberry APN. This will restrict what it connects to, mainly via 3rd party software (like a 3rd party browser). Options/Advanced Options/TCP. Try the APN, username, & password here for starters

http://www.kh-gps.de/gprsset.htm. Maybe different as this list looks a bit old

Be warned use of the general GPRS APN may be charged differently to your normal BB charges

2. If Orange France are like T-Mobile in the UK, the BB's own browser will be configured to use the operator's WAP gateway. This will stop some sites from working, including mobile.blackberry.com. It's actually not the browser itself, but rather the service book that configures how the browser operates. What you need is the service book that configures the built-in browser as the 'BlackBerry Internet Browser'. T-Mobile brand this as a 'web n walk' service. Orange may or may not be able to make it available to you in some form.

For what it's worth, if you're using the BB with a BES in your company, it should all work out of the box, subject to what sites your company blocks you from seeing. In the BES environment all comms are normally funneled through your company's network...

The thing is I've never had this problem last this long before on my 7105t and I set the APN settings at wap.voicestream.com (T-Mobile USA) from day 1. I've always been able to correct it by entering the APN settings. And I can go anywhere else on the 'Net like wap.pinstack.com. I am on a BIS (personal BB). I will have to fight with the battery cover later today and get it off and give my BB a full hard reboot and see what happens.

Update: I finally got the battery cover off and pulled the battery.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 05-26-2006 at 04:06 PM.

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~I finally got it to work I think LOL. I received a weather push message and when I clicked on it I was able to scroll down and click on the Home button and it linked me back.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 05-26-2006 at 04:14 PM.

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~Back again. Just tried again from the bb browser and got the same error message as before. Should I be calling for another bb soon or what?

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~Back once again. I just tried it with opera mini and got a message that it couldn't be found. By the way opera mini works like a charm now.

Thanks for the link wibbly.

Where woud I go to change the WAP settings ? I see several "WAP transport" in the "Services Directory", but I don't know how to activate each ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast