I have been using a backberry on fido throguh blackberry connect for a few months ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

briodan no está en línea Stack level 1

blakberry on fido and BES

Advertisement

I have been using a backberry on fido throguh blackberry connect for a few months now checking my mail through BIS.
    My company has moved to an exchange server and BES, and while i'm still be able to get mail through BIS i would really like to get the full BES syncronization going.
    So far when ever i try to activate my blackberry it just hangs at the activating function and the BES server does not register it.
    Has anyone had any luck getting a blackberry on a blackberry connect plan to work with BES?
    BTw i have a Curve.

Thanks

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: blakberry on fido and BES

Quote Originally Posted by briodan
    I have been using a backberry on fido throguh blackberry connect for a few months now checking my mail through BIS.
    My company has moved to an exchange server and BES, and while i'm still be able to get mail through BIS i would really like to get the full BES syncronization going.
    So far when ever i try to activate my blackberry it just hangs at the activating function and the BES server does not register it.
    Has anyone had any luck getting a blackberry on a blackberry connect plan to work with BES?
    BTw i have a Curve.

Thanks
    You do have to have a BES feature to get connected with your BES. Regular BIS feature will not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge
    You do have to have a BES feature to get connected with your BES. Regular BIS feature will not work.
    What do you mean a have a BES feature?
    We have a BES server, my blackbery also has the BES activation option.
    So logically i should be able to activate my blackberry to connect to my BES? right?
    As far as i understand it and have seen other user do when moving to the BES connection (they are on a blackbery plan from rogers) they jsut activate the BES functionality then log inot BIS and delete all e-mail accounts.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by briodan
    What do you mean a have a BES feature?
    We have a BES server, my blackbery also has the BES activation option.
    So logically i should be able to activate my blackberry to connect to my BES? right?
    As far as i understand it and have seen other user do when moving to the BES connection (they are on a blackbery plan from rogers) they jsut activate the BES functionality then log inot BIS and delete all e-mail accounts.
    You have to have a apecial BES feature added on to your account with your carrier so on RIM side it gives you permissions associated with BES. For instance here on Tmobile the BIS feature is 19.99, BES is 29.98. If you do not have the BES feature activated with the carrier it will not let you get set up with your company BES.

ok BES is activated with the carrier i know people with the nokia phones on blackberry connect can use BES, question is why can't i?

Siffleu no está en línea Stack level 1

seem because fido don't support the BES activation on their BBC feature...

anyone with a success story for blackberry / BES / FIDO ???

I had to return the nokia 62E with blackberry connect feature because it don't support BES

Siffleu no está en línea Stack level 1

Re : blakberry on fido and BES

briodan : This is the original purpose of this thread.. !

fido don't let use BES feature on the blackberry connect...

so I want a success story with FIDO, BES, and a blackberry !
    from what I have read, most poeple are able to unlock a rogers BB and add a RIM plan to it, but all of them use BIS

the need is for BES

Fido tech support can't answer anything, they arn't buisness related support, they don't know what is a bes, they don't give any good info to let use a real blackberry on their network.