I`m new to Blackberry. I`m also ancient! I have an unlocked new 8220 flip I ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

kew
    kew no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Blackberry to Virgin payg

Advertisement

I`m new to Blackberry. I`m also ancient! I have an unlocked new 8220 flip I want to use it for email and picture - nothing fancy. I am using my virgin payg and have `phone in-out. The settings are on their web site and I have asked their customer and tech. teams but they cannot help since they don`t know where to send the settings - they don`t have a blackberry! There are lots of settings for T-Mobile but I am loathe to delete any...
    Can anyone help? I would be grateful.

benritmeyer no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Unfortunately Virgin don't actually sell BlackBerry so would not be able to support BlackBerry Data. Only Orange UK support BlackBerry on Pay As You Go at the moment.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

dgburns no está en línea Stack level 3
    Right. Not just simply a data device and you get a plan and turn it on. Blackberry means a carrier has to have all the back end support and infrastructure for BlackBerry smartphones. Virgin pay is a no go.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

kew

Thanks Virgin payg

Thanks to both of you for answering. Looks like I`ll have to have a look at Orange! I`ve been with Virgin for a long time and like their `roll-over` deal. I was thinking along the lines it was impossible - so it`s no great suprise. This lovely Blackberry is a great deal more difficult than my Motorola!! Again thanks - I may well be back - it will be email next!....though it looks simple enough in gmail help!
    Regards.

HeywoodJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    pm me
    virgin mobile is supporting black berries out of canada. they use one of the canadian carriers. http://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=virginmobile
    but thats the closest to v mob i can find. for their blackberry site...give it a try

kew
    The problem is solved - thanks to you all! I got an Orange payg sim (took a while to arrive) then `phoned to get it activated a little worried since they deal with the 8120.. No need - they explained they do not make anything from it but they are charged £5 by Blackberry per month which they, therefore, charge the customer. They do payg for the usual roll over top up but do take £5 from the amount each month. You can set up a debit or you can top up bearing in mind the monthly cost. I have all of my 8220 working just fine. I`m off now to remove the message `from Blackberry via Orange`!
    Regards