What's the deal? Isn't there some law against false advertising? I mean, c'mon. I saw ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro

Biggest and BEST 3G in the USA?

Advertisement

What's the deal? Isn't there some law against false advertising? I mean, c'mon. I saw a commercial fo Sprint ( a lot of them actually) claiming they have the nation's largest and fastest 3G network. I'm on VZW and they claim the same. Wait! AT&T claims to boast the nation's biggest 3G network...While I understand marketing techniques, I would think there could only be 1 # 1...

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by terrapin View Post
    What's the deal? Isn't there some law against false advertising?
    Unfortunately that's where the saying came from "Buyer Beware" as it's commonplace for manufacturers and service providers to "stretch" the truth, and or fabricate whatever statements suit them.

Speaking from personal experience with the carriers you listed, I've found AT&T to be one of the better networks. My new Bold stays locked on 3G without fail, and the speed is quite good. Consistency is perfect.

Cheers

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Pull up all the carriers covarage maps and you will be suprised when comparing them its crazy.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Where it gets tricky is when you start trying to figure out the intricacies of who your cell provider is vs. who's towers you're using.

For example, Sprint has a roaming agreement with Verizon. Therefore, if there is no native Sprint coverage, you'll hop over to the Verizon network (in theory). One would then assume that Sprint has a bigger network than Verizon as they have the entire Verizon network plus their own towers. However, Verizon has roaming agreements with other local companies and so it's not that simple.

In the end, try out a carrier and see if they have coverage where you need it. At my house, only ATT has coverage. So for me, it was an easy decision.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    Sprint sold most if not all of their cell sites. Lol~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~