I'm sure this question has been asked ad naseum, but I'll add a little twist ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

Seanmtx no está en línea Stack level 2

Best Carrier for North America??

Advertisement

I'm sure this question has been asked ad naseum, but I'll add a little twist to my stance.

I travel extensively throughout North America. I'm based in Dallas, but find myself in Canada and Mexico on a monthly basis. I'm on Verizon because of their little known North America's Family Choice plan. I share 3000 minutes with my wife and don't have any roaming charges in NA at all.

I'm beginning to get upset with the customer service with Verizon and am considering taking the early contract hit and going somewhere else.

Can anyone recommend a provider that:
    a) Covers all of North America? (i.e., I'm not paying 60c a min to make a call in Toronto or Monterrey)
    b) Has cool BBs? (88xx, 83xx etc.)
    c) has decent prices (not a huge issue)
    d) has good customer service

Thanks!

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Best Carrier for North America??

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Ya'll may not like the answer, but in my extensive side-by-side testing experience all over the U.S. and Canada, Verizon wins by a long shot.

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

i use an average 5000 min a month mostly mobil to mobil but here a break down 1500 anytime min for $60 $5 for each 50 after but to sweetin the deal no roaming charges thats the main reason i have stayed with sprint and when the new 8300 world phone drops in june im be even more happy.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    i use an average 5000 min a month mostly mobil to mobil but here a break down 1500 anytime min for $60 $5 for each 50 after but to sweetin the deal no roaming charges thats the main reason i have stayed with sprint and when the new 8300 world phone drops in june im be even more happy.
    That doesn't make any sense.

Are you saying you pay $60 for 1500 min, then $350 ($5X70) for the remaining 3500 min?

Dude...having a $410 cell bill for 5000 minutes is insane. For my 3000 min a month (usable anywhere in North America), plus data, plus texting on both phones, it's only $200.

Get a new plan before you get a new phone...you're just throwing money away.

shmengie no está en línea Stack level 4

if you talk to 10 different folks, you're gonna get 10 different answers. i thought about switching from tmo, but they're at least $20 a month cheaper than anyone else. here's what i would do:

try tmo. see if it works at your house, your office, your granny's house. if it does, you're set. if not, take the phone back and cancel within the (i think) 2 week safety period. then try verizon and cingluar and sprint and whoever the hell else there is until you're happy with the coverage you get.

still, tmo is the cheapest.

Quote Originally Posted by shmengie
    if you talk to 10 different folks, you're gonna get 10 different answers. i thought about switching from tmo, but they're at least $20 a month cheaper than anyone else. here's what i would do:

try tmo. see if it works at your house, your office, your granny's house. if it does, you're set. if not, take the phone back and cancel within the (i think) 2 week safety period. then try verizon and cingluar and sprint and whoever the hell else there is until you're happy with the coverage you get.

still, tmo is the cheapest.

I know Verizon is like 8% more expensive than Sprint and others on overall plans, but does TMO charge for calls made from or to Canada or Mexico??

On my current plan, any calls made from those areas just come out of my 3000 bucket of minutes. I'm not charged roaming, nor am I charged any international charges.

shmengie no está en línea Stack level 4

wow, i don't know. i've only roamed as far as las vegas. i don't believe there's any roaming charges for canada/mexico, but i suppose i should find out, as i'm supposed to be going to china next month. jesus, i don't even know if my tmo 8100 will work in china.

lbibeau no está en línea Stack level 1

not bell canada...