Be on the lookout for stolen Alltel phones There was an article in the AR ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Be on the lookout for stolen Alltel phones

Advertisement

Be on the lookout for stolen Alltel phones
    There was an article in the AR Democrat Gazette this morning (9/3/08) that the Alltel warehouse in Ft. Smith was burglarized over the Labor Day weekend. The thieves may have loaded "up to four semi-trailers with pricey cell phones...." They didn't give out specific info re: which type, etc. The police, FBI, etc. are all involved in it.

Just be aware that, if they're not caught soon, there could be a flood of illegal phones on the market. The U.S. is probably the best market for CDMA-type phone since CDMA isn't as popular in many other parts of the world.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

That's insane. The same thing happened to a local TMobile store here in Houston TX about 2 years ago. The sidekick 3 had just came out and was among one of the phones stolen. I think some BlackBerries, Dashes and other smartphones were swiped also.

~via 8120 (wap.pinstack.com)~

Also when my mom went to AT&T a couple months ago to swap out a crappy Nokia for her second LG (her first LG was stolen), that store had just been swiped of a few phones.

Last year I had a friend whose Razr was stolen at a camp I work at. We launched a full fledged cabin search but the phone was gone.

Its amazing how fast a phone can be stolen from anywhere.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Wow, that's crazy, seems like Alltel's always a target. When I was buying my Curve in June, the store I bought from was in the middle of repairs from a break-in. The thieves even stole the dummy phones that were on display! Hopefully they will get caught before people lose money on blacklisted phones.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

LunkHead no está en línea Device Pro
    Up to 4 semi-trailers???

WOW, that's a ton of phones and it had to have taken a while to load them all up! Inside job or security fast asleep?

Yes, I hope it gets solved before people spend hard earned money on a paperwieght!

Kris

Quote Originally Posted by LunkHead View Post
    Up to 4 semi-trailers???

WOW, that's a ton of phones and it had to have taken a while to load them all up! Inside job or security fast asleep?

Yes, I hope it gets solved before people spend hard earned money on a paperwieght!

Kris

Yep. This was the Alltel warehouse.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Denisenicole no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Yep. This was the Alltel warehouse.
    Still. Thats alot of phones, alot equipment or guys working, unless the semi's were already loaded and they just shoved out the driver.

Quote Originally Posted by Denisenicole View Post
    Still. Thats alot of phones, alot equipment or guys working, unless the semi's were already loaded and they just shoved out the driver.
    I guess I should have explaned more - the thieves cut a big hole in the roof, disabled the alarm system, etc. It was definitely pros and the drivers, maybe the thieves as well, were definitely a part of it.

Trottsky no está en línea Stack level 2
    FOUR SEMIS!? Do you have a link to the article.

Not that I don't believe you. I want to see some pictures of the job. It sounds crazy!

Now I know why I don't look at that paper online! I found a copy of the story but not the a link ...and it was on the FRONT PAGE today.

There weren't any pics though - they didn't discover it until they came to work on Tuesday I guess because the alarm was disabled while they did the job.

I could post a copy of the story in here but it's long and much of the detail is conjecture at this point - anyway, about all they would have had to post would have been a picture of the hole in the roof.

cclay25 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Approximately 93,000 devices were stolen.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Thanks for the info Jblack. Thats just crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    ~via 8120 (wap.pinstack.com)~

Also when my mom went to AT&T a couple months ago to swap out a crappy Nokia for an LG (her Samsung flip phone was stolen, which was replaced with the LG she ran over with my van while I was out of town. This led to the Nokia before I got back which she returned for the second LG LOL), that store had just been swiped of a few phones.

Last year I had a friend whose Razr was stolen at a camp I work at. We launched a full fledged cabin search but the phone was gone.

Its amazing how fast a phone can be stolen from anywhere.
    Had to update the order of the phones gone through at the time.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    They should just monitor eBay for a few months.

That's crazy though...

Here's a link to the news story if anyone is still interested. And it was 4 pallets of phones, not 4 semi-trailers.

http://nwahomepage.com/content/fulltext_news?cid=34741
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

rjs87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    4 pallets is totally different, those phones are gone for sure

wouldnt be surprised if someone working in the warehouse was in on the theft

93000X100(just a guess for price they will sell them for) = $930,000
    **There are 2 types of people in this world: those who use the search bar and those who do not**