Hi all, 1st off i am a complete BB noob, purchased a 7130g handset on ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

PBRstreetgang no está en línea Stack level 1

BB on orange pay and go help!!

Advertisement

Hi all, 1st off i am a complete BB noob, purchased a 7130g handset on orange on ebay, the previous owner has yet to close the bb account at his end (think i got this right?) but has included a "pin" number in the package on a piece of paper, can i use the full BB services on the handset with orange uk on pay and go?? at the moment the only icon for data etc on the homescreen is the enterprise setup, the phone makes calls and sends texts etc so its not stolen or reported lost. Also can the phone be unlocked from orange and if so could the services be used with another network eg O2? on pay and go?

any help/pointers appreciated

miles_troope no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: BB on orange pay and go help!!

Quote Originally Posted by PBRstreetgang
    Hi all, 1st off i am a complete BB noob, purchased a 7130g handset on orange on ebay, the previous owner has yet to close the bb account at his end (think i got this right?) but has included a "pin" number in the package on a piece of paper, can i use the full BB services on the handset with orange uk on pay and go?? at the moment the only icon for data etc on the homescreen is the enterprise setup, the phone makes calls and sends texts etc so its not stolen or reported lost. Also can the phone be unlocked from orange and if so could the services be used with another network eg O2? on pay and go?

any help/pointers appreciated
    Dont know oranges policy on BLackberry on PAYG. In order to get the full suite of apps, email browsing etc.. you'd need the BB data service added to your orange sim. T-mob won't put this on a PAYg sim, not sure if orange will or not.

You may find you have to have a contract to use the full services.

You can unlock the phone by requesting an unlocking code from orange (they will likely charge for this). You could use it on another network after this but again if you're looking to stick with PAYG you may struggle to find a provider who will let you use the blackberry services.

Hope this helps.
    Miles.

PBRstreetgang no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: BB on orange pay and go help!!

Thanks for reply, have been in touch with O2 who i am currently on with pay and go, they told me that i can use the mms and web/wap services on the BB but not the push email, will get the phone unlocked and go with this as its better than what orange are offering, Strange tho because on payandgo with orange you can do more than with o2 as far as online is concerned but not with a BB