Does anybody have experienced appointments on BlackBerry 8700 that appear one hour ahead than the ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

iriofreitas no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    203001F2

Appointments on BlackBerry 8700 appear one hour ahead than the Outlook

Advertisement

Does anybody have experienced appointments on BlackBerry 8700 that appear one hour ahead than the Outlook?

I´ve installed BES 4.0 in a dedicated server over WINDOWS 2003, Exchange System Manager 2003 SP2, CDO 6.5.7638.2.
    I´ve tried the procedures described at the following doc:

Support - Brazil’s 2006 daylight saving time issue for the BlackBerry 8700 Wireless Handheld

Last Updated: 18 October 2006

Article Number: KB-10276

Method 1
    1. Download the following files to your computer:
      • net_rim_bb_timezoneupdater.alx
      • net_rim_bb_timezoneupdater.cod
    After all the status remain the same: appointments on BlackBerry 8700 appear one hour ahead than the Outlook.

I´m waiting your precious help.

Thanks in advance
    Irio

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Have you upgrade your OS the the version listed below:

Resolution

Complete the following steps:
    1. Upgrade to BlackBerry Device Software version 4.1.0.351 (unless it is already installed). This upgrade is required in order to install the COD file described in step 2. Note: If your service provider is TIM BRASIL SA, download the BlackBerry Device Software from the Software Download for TIM Brazil web site. For instructions on how to upgrade to BlackBerry Device Software 4.0 or later, see KB-03901.
    2. Using the Internet browser on your computer, go to the Software Download for TIM Brazil web site.
    3. Click the drop-down list and select Handheld DST fix for Brasil Time Zone. Click Next.
    4. Install the COD file on the BlackBerry device using one of the following methods: Method 1
      1. Download the following files to your computer:
        • net_rim_bb_timezoneupdater.alx
      2. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager and double-click Application Loader.
      3. In the Application Loader Wizard window, click Add.
      4. Browse to the net_rim_bb_timezoneupdater.alx file, then click Open. The Time Zone Updater check box is added to the Device Application Selection list.
      5. Verify that the Time Zone Updater check box is selected, then click Next.
      6. Click Finish.
      Method 2
      1. Download the following files:
        • net_rim_bb_timezoneupdater.jad
      2. Post the two files on a web server.
      3. Instruct BlackBerry device users to go the web server and access the net_rim_bb_timezoneupdater.jad file using one of the browsers on the BlackBerry device:
        • Internet Browser
        • BlackBerry Browser
        • Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) Browser
        Note: For information on the different browsers, see KB-03892. Some service providers place restrictions on the size of files that can be downloaded using the WAP Browser.
      4. When prompted to install the net_rim_bb_timezoneupdater.cod file on the BlackBerry device, click OK.
    Important: Upgrading to BlackBerry Device Software version 4.1.0.351 and installing the COD file will update your BlackBerry device to observe the correct DST start and end dates for the Brasilia time zone. However, you may still experience issues with calendar appointments appearing incorrectly after synchronizing the BlackBerry device with your email client.

Workaround

If you are unable to upgrade the BlackBerry Device Software, adjust the time displayed on your BlackBerry device by completing the tasks below:
    Warning: This procedure may not prevent appointments from appearing inaccurately in the Calendar on your BlackBerry device.
    October 15th, 2006
    1. Disable the Update Device Date and Time feature in BlackBerry Desktop Manager. For instructions, see KB-04931. Note: Disabling this feature will minimize the possibility of the time being set incorrectly on your BlackBerry device.
    2. Manually move the time on your BlackBerry device back one hour. For instructions, see KB-04924. Note: This task will align the time on your BlackBerry device with the local time. Do not perform this task if the time is already aligned with the local time.
    On November 5th, 2006
    1. Enable the Update Device Date and Time feature in BlackBerry Desktop Manager. For instructions, see KB-04931.
    2. Manually move the time on your BlackBerry device ahead one hour. For instructions, see KB-04924. Note: This task will align the time on your BlackBerry device with the local time. Do not perform this task if the time is already aligned with the local time.

mguerios no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Appointments on BlackBerry 8700 appear one hour ahead than the Outlook

Now, in 2008, I have the same problem, the appointments in the device are moved one hour ahead tham Outlook. Searching on the web, some people talk about diferent time zones in the BES server, but my BES server has the correct TZ (Brasilia -3) and the time is sincronized with my DC master, others talk about CDO.ll version, but I have checked and re-checked and the version is correct (6.06603 - Exchange 2000). This problem started this weekend, when the DST end (the clock was moved 1 hour after). Does anyone could help me ?
    Thnaks,

Mguerios