http://www.bell.ca/shopping/en_CA_BC...M10_OP.details Is it any good? Is it really unlimited data? The long distance calls look ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

krusadr no está en línea Stack level 1

Anyone on Bell Jawbreaker 50 plan?

Advertisement

http://www.bell.ca/shopping/en_CA_BC...M10_OP.details

Is it any good? Is it really unlimited data? The long distance calls look a bit pricey.

There's not much choice here in BC Canada. Rogers "unlimited" is really 25 Mb + $7 per Mb after that. Telus dropped all their "unlimited" plans last month. It looks like Bell is the only provider offering an unlimited plan.

They have this one too...

http://www.bell.ca/shopping/en_CA_BC...M10_OP.details

Anyone got any experience of this?

Treo700 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Anyone on Bell Jawbreaker 50 plan?

Seems like a good price? Someone had mentioned to me on the Bell unlimited plan anything above 500MB a mo. is cosidered abuse. If that's still the case I would call it unlimited, if by chance you can use 500MB on your BB you have to much time on your hands...

:cry:thank Treo, actually I think that that plan costs $105 per month not $50. It is confusing, it says "Regular Price $105" which led me to believe that it is discounted from 105 to 50. However I added a BB and that plan to the cart and it shows up as $105 per month.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

What do you think?

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I work for telud and they dropped their unlimited plan cause bell did it in first so I could say you better watch yourself cause in canada unlimited was about 25 month last time I checked

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

And where in BC are you? You know that Bell runs on Telus towers in BC, so your service will be no better than Telus.

As well, the "unlimited" is usually 25 MB. I did notice that Bell was up to 500 MB a couple months ago, and then dropped any mention of a cap...on the web site. I would be reading the contract very carefully.

Do you plan on a lot of long distance? If you live in a sizeable town/city, Primus may be in your interest. Yes, it's only for outgoing calls, and it's not direct dial, but 5 cents/min is still half of the cheapest plan from any of the big 3 (Rogers has introduced $20 / month for 200 minutes, and 10 cents / minute over).

But whatever plan you find with one carrier, just bring it to a dealer of another, and get them to match it.

Another thing to consider, Rogers is the only carrier with the newest intel based BlackBerry devices, 8700 & 7130.

And do you ever travel? A Bell / Telus phone is quite useless outside of Canada or the US. Rogers will work just about anywhere.

PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

...and.....

I've had my BB for 14 months, and I use it for work and personal email, and quite a but of surfing, and I have NEVER broken 16 MB in a month....yet....

25Mb seems so little to me. Five large images would blow that straight away. Cell phone providers is one area that Canada sucks at. One question. Does web/email access get charged as long distance when you are away from home?

PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

With Rogers (and likely Bell and Telus too), data access on a BlackBerry has no roaming fees anywhere in Canada. And when roaming globally, it's only 5 cents / kb.

And I see your point about the large image file. In fact, I emailed myself a 3 MB jpg this morning. The BIS doesn't actually serve up the whole 3 MB, only if you want it. But realistically, on a BB screen, you likely won't be able to tell any difference between a 30 kb file and a 3 MB when it comes to images: the screen is just too small.

PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

With Rogers (and likely Bell and Telus too), data access on a BlackBerry has no roaming fees anywhere in Canada. And when roaming globally, it's only 5 cents / kb.

And I see your point about the large image file. In fact, I emailed myself a 3 MB jpg this morning. The BIS doesn't actually serve up the whole 3 MB, only if you want it. But realistically, on a BB screen, you likely won't be able to tell any difference between a 30 kb file and a 3 MB when it comes to images: the screen is just too small.

qwertyuiop no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    300C099E

qwertyuiop no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    300C099E

That's the plan that I have. I have a 7250/bell mobility/4.1/1XEV... I use about 180-250 total megabytes a month.. Heavy web browser.. And yes, when I signed up unlimited was really unlimited. (About 3-4 months ago) the plan I have totals $105.00 per month. The rim unlimited browser/email/downloads, etc. Is $55.00/mo and the voice plan which includes 3 way calling, 911 service, detailed billing, call waiting is $50.00/mo. I've added an answering machine and call display for an extra $8.00/mo. So to keep my phone on, it costs me 163.00/mo before taxes. Hope this helps.. If not, I can grab my bill for u and go more in depth. Pin is 300C099E..