I'm looking to buy my first Blackberry in the next couple of weeks. I am ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

IronHorse no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32B3213C

Anyone have experience w/ Alltel

Advertisement

I'm looking to buy my first Blackberry in the next couple of weeks. I am a current Verizon customer, but I'm intrigued by some of the Alltel rate plans.

Does anyone have first hand experience with Alltel?

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Anyone have experience w/ Alltel

They are good, but for Customer Service, T-mobile and Verizon are tops...

http://www.jdpower.com/telecom/ratin...less/index.asp

Good read...
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hello Ironhorse, welcome to pinstack.

In case you are interested take a look at Sprint's plans... http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ate_plans.html

phillyslix no está en línea Stack level 4

Make sure that you're going to have coverage for where you need no matter which carrier you decide to use. No matter how great the plan is, it is no good to you without coverage.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

lovellbird no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I had bad experiences with their customer service, but we are talking about 8 years ago when they were still all analog. They have grown a lot since then.....I have moved since then and have US Cellular--I love USC. I know Alltel is one of the carriers that doesn't allow me to data roam when in their area....

lherrera1976 no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~where are you located? I have Alltel in Phx n this is one of there EVDO markets. I also know that they have roaming agreements w/Sprint-Nextel. Which means you have access to EVDO REV-A in Major markets ie LA, NY, Boston, Chicago.

grizz2135 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have alltel in florida and have had them for cell service for about 6 years. I have never had a problem with coverage or telephone support. I've my blackberry on alltel for 6 months and it works great. I have traveled to New York, Vermont, and North Carolina with it and had zero issues.

iamgoofy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    210ca18d

i just ordered the 8703e and new service with alltel! i think i goofed! i also use cingular and own the pearl 8100 and the new curve 8300,,,i was wondering if alltel is or has the same type phones as the 8100 and the 8300 or maybe even the 8800? thanks!

Kilted Bradley no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by iamgoofy
    i just ordered the 8703e and new service with alltel! i think i goofed! i also use cingular and own the pearl 8100 and the new curve 8300,,,i was wondering if alltel is or has the same type phones as the 8100 and the 8300 or maybe even the 8800? thanks!
    Why would you order an 8703e from Alltel if you have the Curve on AT&T? I'm lost....

Oh, and nope. Alltel is CDMA. CDMA carriers don't have the 8100 or the 8300 yet. Verizon and Sprint are both carrying the 8830, but I've not heard anything for Alltel. coincidentally Alltel has EVDO support here, where Sprint does not (I have Sprint.) How does this data roaming thing work? I see people post about Sprint being partnered w/ Alltel for data roaming. Does that not cost through the nose per kb??
    Last edited by Kilted Bradley; 06-10-2007 at 01:07 AM.

PIN/ID
    210ca18d

Quote Originally Posted by Kilted Bradley
    Why would you order an 8703e from Alltel if you have the Curve on AT&T? I'm lost....
    i have them with cingular!!!!!!!!! and i started "NEW SERVICE" with alltel!>>>>>>>because cingular doesnt work where i work,,,,,so i had to purchase new service with alltel "BECAUSE" alltel works where i work! but i intend to also keep my cingular service and bb's!

Kilted Bradley no está en línea Stack level 3

Oh, I see. Just FYI, Cingular is now "AT&T." lol.

PIN/ID
    210ca18d

Quote Originally Posted by Kilted Bradley
    Oh, I see. Just FYI, Cingular is now "AT&T." lol.
    yes indeed!!!!!!!!!!!however i am and always will be cingular @ heart NOT at&t

J-Feel no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2406B34D
    Iok I must reply to this post. I actually use to work for the company of Alltel. Before I started working for Cingular. Its been 6 mos since I left Alltel but I do know if your looking to get a blackberry.. Don't get one from Alltel because they're bulky looking. Uce never used a blackberry while I was employed with Alltel however I did carry the treo... Eventhough Alltel has done a lot of advertisements on television .. You would think they were good.. Reality is, they did all that advertising so they could sell the company like they already have. Don't know for sure to who yet but rumor is now that att may yet to buy it out from the new company. Anyways if you do decide to go with Alltel.. Go with them as your last option.. If the town you live in and you know Alltel is primarily good in that town I would say go for it but if your one who likes to tracelo be careful with what plan you go with. You have the greater freedom plan and the national freedom. National freedom is set with the same prices but yet you will get fewer minutes but it is designed to cover for roaming. Alltel has the evdo technology so also think whether or not your in an evdo area to just really be able to use the more advanced highspeeds for your blackberry device.. If anyone has any other questions just send me a message.. I hope what I said was useful.

mrmoto no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32CA582C

I have Alltel in Nebraska and have had service with them since 1997. I have had several phones with the company over the past few years. The last phone I had on my personal plan was the Treo 650, I covered the country with that phone. Last summer I went from Seattle, Vegas, Canada, Wisconsion, and down to the Carolinas. I have had great service with them. I fought a few times with customer service, but after they seen things my way they came around.

Then comes current day, as of 9/11/2006 started to work for the company. Since starting to work for them I have had the 650, 700p and 700wx. I have had the 8703e for the last 4 months and it is by far the best phone I have ever had. Coverage is great, better than my Treo's ever did. Battery life is awsome.

I went to the extrem to get my wife an 8703e also. And currently she is in Portland Maine on an internship for the summer. She has covered Boston, Maine, New York and a lot of Maine and has had zero issues and all the data features are working at 100%. We have been bbm a lot more than before due to the time diffrence so its worked great for us...enjoy..if you have any questions, just drop me a line...