Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This was posted at http://forums.crackberry.com/f72/fix...93/index4.html This is the answer that I got from a Reg. ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

Cougar24 no está en línea Stack level 2

Alltel to be getting MMS soon?

Advertisement

This was posted at http://forums.crackberry.com/f72/fix...93/index4.html

This is the answer that I got from a Reg. Rep for Alltel today concerning this(who was carrying the BB curve with alltel logo sticker and the typical evaluation sticker too)was this. When the Pearl came out it was basically pushed out due to high demand. The proper OS was not avaiable from RIM at the time that would enable MMS. Even though that was not a current option, they released anyway. Now the update is taking longer than they thought. The HTC Touch and 6800 were the next "smartphones" to be released after that. (i thought the 6800 was earlier, but i may be wrong) because of the complaints with the pearl and world phone, they made sure to have a proper OS that could send and recieve MMS. They are planning (RIM and Alltel) on releasing an update at the same time that Alltel releases the Curve that will enable MMS on all RIM devices capable of MMS messaging. I asked when that would be and he replied,""should" be middle of april". Now wether or not that is true, who knows, but I sure hope so. On a side note, I asked him how he liked the BB Curve and he said it is by far the best BB he has ever carried and is very excited to be at the end of the testing program so he can get one for his wife.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I called Alltel and and spoke with Tech support and he said that he had heard about the mid-april release date from more than one person.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I've been told "by the middle of the month" ever since I got my Pearl in December.......very frustrating..........but I figure one of these months it's got to actually happen.....right????

I was even given a "rumored" date of March 18th which of course has come and gone.......they just say whatever they think will make you quiet down about it for a while.........but I still keep falling for the false hope they give me every few weeks when I call or email them
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    i think alltel is just hyping it to keep its customers. if they told you either we are not getting mms or not for another year then you would prolly opt out and go to verizon

I would never switch to Verizon, they have the worst service where I live. Anyone with Verizon who comes to my house ends up with about 90% of their calls dropped.........Alltel is the only carrier in my area with dependable service for me when I'm home............I live close to the mountains, beautiful view, but limited mobile carrier choices, so I'll stick with them even without MMS........I can always use my son's phone for that if I really need to
    Twitter? My Apps List

After I had read that post, I called Alltel and got a similar story. So i'm optimistic, but I'm not holding my breath.

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    Quote Originally Posted by Cougar24 View Post
    After I had read that post, I called Alltel and got a similar story. So i'm optimistic, but I'm not holding my breath.

wise choice my friends wise choice

Hey - Good news for the new Alltel OS update subject. The Curve is being released on May 1st with the new OS. This is the OS that we were promised that would fix the MMS problem.

Xacer no está en línea Stack level 1
    Its getting really close to may. I hope that i can MMS on my pearl then. This is so frustrating.

I spoke with an Alltel CS rep again yesterday. I was having network issues so while I was on the phone with them I asked again about MMS.

She confirmed that the new Curve will have picture messaging....but said it would still be a while for the Pearl. She said they had just recently gotten a memo saying that while it is still planned, but there is no estimated date of when it will be ready. So, who knows, maybe next week, or maybe next year......sadly I'm getting used to not having it........
    Twitter? My Apps List

Xacer no está en línea Stack level 1
    Well with that news i might just eat my contract money and go to a different service. No reason to pay for features that alltel wont release

alallen1956 no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

dhyde79 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319FB186
    the last info we were given at store level was that it was supposed to be launched for the pearl and 8830 when the curve launched, that was 6 days ago, and haven't seen any form of update yet, but, it doesn't mean it's not pending. (as a side question to this, does the verizon 8130 do MMS? the sprint one I played with an hour ago didn't have it either, so, perhaps it IS the 8130?)

firemanferch no está en línea Stack level 2
    I was having some problems with my Pearl last week so while I was in there I asked when they would be releasing MMS for the Pearl and they told me it'll be out my the end of May. I would take that with a grain of salt since they're telling us anything to keep us off their backs. But that is the answer that they gave me. Has anyone else been given this date?

skaii no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242DEE39
    I was told repeatedly that it would be released "next month," and it never was. I had a Curve with T-Mobile that had MMS already, and I got frustrated waiting for Alltel and paying Alltel more money than I pay T-Mobile, so I cancelled my Alltel service completely and went with T-Mobile. Now I have one phone for both work and play lol, but I regret nothing. Good luck guys! I hope the update gets there real soon.
    Hi. :D

dhyde79 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319FB186
    I've got the curve and MMS is working great....still no info on the pearl....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast