I know there are Alltel reps on the stacks so I have a question.... What ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

safetytx no está en línea Stack level 1

Alltel Insurance Question

Advertisement

I know there are Alltel reps on the stacks so I have a question....

What happens when you have insurance on a phone and that model is discontinued when you try to file a claim? Do they they give you a different model? Do they give you a store credit or do they pick a comparable model. For example...if you had a Palm Treo 700wx and its discontinued would they give you a pearl or curve or XV6800 as a replacement or can you pick one of the three....just curious????

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Even if the model is discontinued they probably have some refurbished ones to still fill the claims but if they don't they will have to give you something that is at least close to what you have. They will only upgrade not downgrade. I am not a rep but this is my experience.

Thanks......truth is I have a 700wx and really want the curve. I also have a pearl and love blackberry much more than the 700wx. Just wondering what would happen if my 700wx had an unfortunate accident.....(is it wrong to be addicted to my crackberry and try such an underhanded thing.....?) 95.00 is a small price to pay if I can get a curve.....

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I would just call and ask..tell them you are having issues with the 700 and see what they offer and push for the Curve. At least then you have an idea where to go from there.

Thanks....I'll try that. I used to know the manager at my local retail outlet and this wouldn't be an issue. But he has moved on and now I dont have that inside track.

Also......HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!!!

DIEHARD COWBOY AND LONGHORN FAN!!!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Oh Heck Ya!!!!! DaBoys and Da Horns.... Lol!! It might actually be better to walk in. Sometimes they work harder to make you happy compared to the phone reps.