I am dying for an 8700, and was dangerously close to getting an 8700C just ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

8700i?

Advertisement

I am dying for an 8700, and was dangerously close to getting an 8700C just for the data plan. However when I mentioned this to the Tier 2 BB support with Nextel last week when I was taking care of changing my BB email address, he kind of led me to believe that something might be in the works. He talked about the BB forums and how some there said there would never be a 7100, while at the same time he was testing the 7100i at his desk. So I also told him about this site! Just curious what everyone's thoughts are. Everyone seems to think TMobile and VZW will be the next to get, but does anyone think the 8700i can be a reality anytime soon?

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: 8700i?

not sure if it will be call the 8700i but word says its on it's way for 2Q.

ml320 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    pm 4 pin

why does it take so long for these phones to come out on other carriers?

sonofbum no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    40117ea1

im pretty sure nextel will be slow like always. it seem it allways takes alot of time to implement the push to talk feature on a phone that allready exists. especially since the blackberry is the only nextel phone not made by motorola.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

It would be at the very least another month or two. I talked to a Nextel rep today and asked him about it. He said they get the advanced training usually 2 months in advance, and that hasn't happened yet.