Hi all, I'm new to this whole blackberry business so a few quick questions and ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

floppydude no está en línea Stack level 1

8700 on BIS or BES? Activation?

Advertisement

Hi all, I'm new to this whole blackberry business so a few quick questions and a big hello from me.

Here's a bit of background.

I bought an 8700g UK O2. I'm not quite sure what I was buying but want access to email and the web on the move.

I am not a business user and hope to use this as a standalone (if possible) device.

My Blackberry is currently locked to O2, I plan to unlock it as I have heard that O2 is not the best network. It has been reset and currently shows Enterprise Activation on the home screen. It also has a password to unlock it every time the ketlock sets.

I am currently using a pay as you go chip until it is unlocked, when I will purchase the necessary data plan.

My questions:

Does the enterprise activation mean that I need an enterprise server or can this be used on it's own?

I've looked through the guides but can not find a way to turn off the password, how can I do this as it is rather annoying?

any help would be most appreciated

Karl
    Last edited by floppydude; 03-07-2007 at 05:06 PM. Reason: clearer explanation

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: 8700 on BIS or BES?

for the password lock, try options/security options/general settings

for the BES portion: BES pretty much means wireless syncing between your BB and server. you can have the server at your 'location' or you can have someone host it for you.
    for the BIS portion: BIS is push email. you set up (up to 10) your email within your BIS account and it will push incoming emails to your BB.

let us know if that helps...or if that might have sparked more questions

floppydude no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the reply. I could not remove the password before as it had the IT policy setup from a previous BES but after searching more i've sorted that.

I think i'll be wanting to use the BIS for my device now. Will I need to use the enterprise activation for this or is it a separate application? If so do i have to remove this?

Karl

babaa_ali no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi to all PLease Tell how to unlock a 8700g form o2 , For Use on other networks , As O2 is not doing very well

Thanks BABA ALI

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~You will not need to use the Enterprise Server unless you work for a company who uses it to manage BlackBerry devices. You can hide the application by highlighting it, choosing hide from the dropdown menu and hiding it.

To unlock the phone you will need a special unlock code that is unique to each device. Call your carrier and say that you need to unlock the phone for international travel and they should give it to you.