Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I understand there is a work around for docs2go as you stated, but the point ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

Slovak65 no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

I understand there is a work around for docs2go as you stated, but the point is that one should not have to go through that to have features on their phones working properly that should have worked when I took the phone out of the box.

Plus, not trying to start anything, but I left VZW 6 years ago to come to Alltel so I'm not the lease bit thrilled or amused by the merger/buy out. I left VZW for a reason, a reason that still exists today too.. It's called raping customers for features that are free on other carriers, and charging too much for a similar calling plan on other carriers. I'll give VZW credit though for their decent customer service.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I'm not looking forward to it either. Verizon will cost me $30 more per month, and I'll lose mycircle and nights starting @7 and properly working free GPS on my device....

But there's no stopping the merger.....I'm looking at other carriers but the decent ones cost just as much or more.....

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Exactly. You hit the nail on the head azstar.. I have two phones on my account, and almost every call made on both is to numbers within the mycircle, and I added up the total minutes used on mycircle calls, and the similar plan is $30 or so but the problem is I would need a plan with way more minutes to cover the minutes of talk I use on mycircle, so in order for me to cover it for 2 phones I would need a plan that costs almost $70 a month more. There are only 4 carriers that work where I live, Alltel, VZW, Sprint, and ATT.
    Sprint isn't even an option due to their lack of mms on any phone without using email. ATT doesn't work all the time here, many dead spots for a gsm phone here. TMO doesn't even have a store within 30 miles of me other than walmart kiosks.

rexpencoe no está en línea Stack level 1
    If you upgrade the version of Docs2Go from the original version that comes with 4.5 you must reload 4.5 again and NOT update Docs2Go and MMS will work fine. Basically if you have Sheets2Go (Excel) in your Docs2Go folder than MMS will NOT work. You can either delete Docs2Go or just reinstall the old version of Docs2Go.

Hope that helps

All you have to do with the upgraded version of docs2go is edit the permissions all to deny, reboot, and then open your mms and retrieve. Then when you go to use docs to go again it will prompt to allow permissions and then use it. You can have both, its just a bit of a pita!

VR
    VR no está en línea Stack level 3
    it is called 'IN'

anybody on the verizon network, you get to call for free or text for free. so tell your friends to switch over
    Last edited by doughdaddy; 12-02-2008 at 07:37 AM.
    My blackberry is anti-Obama Bin Llama

No one in the 20 mycircle numbers are 'IN' VZW, so no sense in switching, case closed

Alltel has "In" and Mycircle for all those not in my network.....I want it all! Pay the extra$$$$ vzw will cost me and I'll stop whining lol

Why would I convince people I know to switch to an expensive gps crippling cell carrier anyway??

^^^
    lol

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    None of us would switch if we didn't have to because its being forced by the merger. My circle is a bonus. Alltel has what you call in. Its mobile to mobile and every call to anyone on Alltel is free. We have unlocked gps and its all one set price not 10 different prices for the services you want. I pay 129 bucks have 4 devices all with unlimited text,data calls free after 7 and so on.
    So yes I am whining because we are all about to get screwed. Sorry for the rant but come on.
    Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    it is called 'IN'

anybody on the verizon network, you get to call for free or text for free. so tell your friends to switch over problem solved, now stop whining

$129 for four phones? What am I doing wrong? I have two, my Curve and a Moto Razr and my monthly bill is $179 for a shared 1200 minute plan

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Lol that's just the plan price I didn't add in the line charge for each extra line.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kenrob203 no está en línea Stack level 1
    According to what Alltel told me, we will not be losing our MyCircle options that everything is going to stay the way it is. But, we will be able to select from both companies phones that they offer.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    It will stay the same for the term of the current contract you are on after that who know. I still have 2 full yrs. on mine so I'm good to go.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

SyberCorp no está en línea Stack level 1
    As with "all" carriers, if you are currently a customer you can stay as a customer with the exact same plan that you have always had and "never" have to change from it. You will be grand-fathered into it. No NEW customers will be able to get the same plan you have but you do not have to get rid of it ever. Even after your contract expires. You can renew your contract and keep the same plan. Or, to make things even better, just go month-to-month and have NO contract. Almost all carriers will let you do this whether they advertise it or not after your contract expires. Keep in mind that you won't be able to upgrade your phone or change your plan details without renewing the contract and potentially changing your plan in doing so.
    Last edited by SyberCorp; 01-02-2009 at 02:26 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast