Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I just got off the phone with Alltel tech support about an issue i've been ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

Slovak65 no está en línea Stack level 2

4.5.0.89 Is going to be the official Alltel Curve OS on Dec. 1st!

Advertisement

I just got off the phone with Alltel tech support about an issue i've been having with the radio shutting off. Needless to say they are sending me another Curve replacement in the mail and the tech I spoke to said that Alltel will be releasing the new 4.5 OS for the Curve by December 1st! I asked him if the one we all got from dm 4.7 which is 4.5.0.89, was a mistake on RIM's behalf in releasing it through the dm and he said no, it is official and the reason it is not available through Alltel's download site, or Blackberry's download site for Alltel is it is not yet officially certified by Alltel and will be by December 1st!

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Thanks for the info and we will see if they can keep thier date. It appears I was right in an earlier post. I do believe it will be .89 but I trust a rep giving a date like I trust the boys who come to take out my teenage daughters.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I would trust the boys more cowboy
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    I would trust the boys more cowboy
    Good point. However maybe since it is close to Christmas we will get lucky. I will give it to Alltel when they do finally release, it is one of the higher versions officially available.

Well he did say it "should" be released by the 1st, so we will have to wait and see. I've called tech support a few times in the past inquiring about a 4.5 for the Curve, and was always told they either know nothing about it, or that they are working on it and ought to be out soon, but never told a date or exact version number of the OS before, so maybe this info I received is true this time.

mgriffin9260 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    302B2691

Will MMS / Docs To Go Be Fixed

Do you think it will fix MMS issue not working with upgraded Docs To Go??

I have that version now and still have the same issue...no fix yet.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    302B2691
    Are you running BES? I am...is this issue BES only??

Nope, I'm on BIS....~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I'm on BIS too and have the same issue with no mms with docs2go installed, but hey.....my mms works and docs2go matters none to me so I'm happy

Well Alltel officially sucks imo since they still have not released 4.5 officially yet. I wouldn't doubt it if Sprint beats Alltel on the official 4.5 release, and they can't even do mms without going through email. Plus mms does not work with docs2go installed and after they officially release it one can call tech support for a fix. That's just not right. It should have been fixed from the beginning with a 4.5.?.? release

PIN/ID
    302B2691
    I just checked and the offical release is posted. I will be downgrading from .97 to .89 to see if it does fix docs to go issue with MMS.

It doesn't fix it

I just got off the phone with Alltel about my Curve and no mms with docs2go installed, and they have no clue as to why and she told me they are not aware of this and it's not their problem because they don't write the software for the phones and RIM does. What a crock. I think I'm going to leave Alltel in the near future over their lack of care for their customers with known issues like this one on a $400 or so not so smart smart phone.
    Like how can they not have a clue about this when I as well as hundreds of other Alltel Curve users out here have exactly the same issue with their official 4.5?

Well Alltel will be Verizon in the near future so we're switching whether we want to or not

At least we have a work around. I don't get that many MMS messages and when I do I just have to set all docs to go permissions to deny, reboot the bb, then I can retieve the mms. Not the best solution, but it works.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast