This website is super cool. I’m a big fan of you all and I want ... Bold 9000/9700 Themes forum

mustafa01 no está en línea Stack level 1

To all who are making themes for blackberry 9700...

Advertisement

This website is super cool. I’m a big fan of you all and I want to DL many themes so for those who can make themes, when you post the OTA link could you also post the file with zip format pleeeeeeeeeaze. I hope I’m not asking a lot. Still a big fan

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Most theme makers are only posting OTA links because there are others out there that use the zip links to steal themes and to post as their own on other websites without any credit to the creator. That is probably why you aren't finding many zip links posted on themes.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

Ooh…. But isn’t there any other solution? Like, links can’t be shown unless you are a member or must post a comment

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    That would still not solve the issue of a Theme being downloaded in a zip file format and being posted elsewhere on the web.
    Your just not going find many people who will do that. Some may send the zip file directly to you after a request but to openly post zip files is all but dead b/c of what pdx mentioned.

It's just to easy to abuse and the real owner loses control over their property.

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    The only way Id do a zip, is if I really knew that person, and emailed it to them. If everyone posted a zip, then they might as well post the thms as well.

iLord is DEAD!

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Malicious people have steered many of us theme builders from releasing our themes as zip files and ultimately ruining it al for people like you. I'm sorry I cannot fulfill your wishes for one
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

vera no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24D593F4
    I say keep it OTA! There is waaaaayyyy tooooo much work that goes into building a theme and I for one would like to see them get all the credit they deserve! Thanks for alllll your hard work!

maevro no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21671C22
    Quote Originally Posted by vera View Post
    I say keep it OTA! There is waaaaayyyy tooooo much work that goes into building a theme and I for one would like to see them get all the credit they deserve! Thanks for alllll your hard work!
    I have to agree. OTA is easy and quick and like pdxmatts said, you have people who jack themes and even try to sell them.

Thanks you all for the comments... Yeah it's not fair after putting all this hard work and then people just easily come and claim it to them. I think I would do what srl7741 and sooner suggested.

But can the OTA link be stolen, too?

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    It can be but u also control the link url and can change it or even remove it which would prevent it from being taken without your knowledge. The OTA link offers much more control.