Hi all! Well, here is my 9700 theme for OS 5.0. This is the 2nd ... Bold 9000/9700 Themes forum

ABMdesign no está en línea Stack level 2

9700 PhotoLiteral Theme

Advertisement

Hi all!
    Well, here is my 9700 theme for OS 5.0. This is the 2nd theme I've made (a few years ago I did a simple iBerry for a BB Pearl). Anyway, It was a lot of fun and I would like to try and make more so any comments & feedback would be much appreciated. All of the icons and meters are custom, and all are made from photographs. My goal was to create all of the icons using photos of my own personal items. For the most part I was successful, but I had to call on "google images" for a couple of things (I don't actually own a cell tower, or the planet Earth).
    When I came up with the idea, I had never seen a theme using only photographs for icons. I'm sure I'm not the first person to think of this, I had just never seen it. Then one day, about half way through my project, I saw a really nice photo-icon theme on a pay-site. I must admit, it took a little wind out of my sail, but I finished my theme anyway and now it's ready to share with my fellow 'stackers.

OTA link:
    http://abmdesign.ab.ohost.de/PhotoLi...iteral_OTA.jad
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ABMdesign; 12-30-2009 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Link not working

BoSoxFan82 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Great theme...nice work! Only flaw is that the OTA doiesnt work...lol

Quote Originally Posted by BoSoxFan82 View Post
    Great theme...nice work! Only flaw is that the OTA doiesnt work...lol
    Link Fixed!
    Thanks BoSoxFan82 for pointing that out. Let me know if it gives any more trouble.

Downloaded and installed....works great. If I may suggest something? I like the 12 icons on the home screen but it takes up a lot of room. Have you considered making it a hidden bottom doc? I think it would be perfect after that. Forgive me, I don't mean to be insulting....I really like the theme.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSoxFan82 View Post
    Downloaded and installed....works great. If I may suggest something? I like the 12 icons on the home screen but it takes up a lot of room. Have you considered making it a hidden bottom doc? I think it would be perfect after that. Forgive me, I don't mean to be insulting....I really like the theme.
    Pu-Leeze, that is DEFINITELY not insulting! Thanks for being kind, though.
    I know that most folks prefer the hidden dock & clean home screen. I made the 12 icon home screen as a personal preference. I am usually doing 10 things at once, and I'm always in a hurry, so I like to keep my top 10-12 used icons ready at a glance. I'm sure I'm the "odd man out" on this one, but it fits me best

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Very nice work. That's custom
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

Quote Originally Posted by ABMdesign View Post
    Pu-Leeze, that is DEFINITELY not insulting! Thanks for being kind, though.
    I know that most folks prefer the hidden dock & clean home screen. I made the 12 icon home screen as a personal preference. I am usually doing 10 things at once, and I'm always in a hurry, so I like to keep my top 10-12 used icons ready at a glance. I'm sure I'm the "odd man out" on this one, but it fits me best
    I understand...either way, nice work.

Thanks again for the kind words. I would appreciate any comments that people have about this theme. Good or bad, they will help to make my next theme even better

BkLady388 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Thank you. Just what I've been looking for! Much appreciated!