Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Here is a theme that has five hidden docks that you pull up from independent ... Bold 9000/9700 Themes forum

graciliano no está en línea Stack level 2

Lightbulb 9000 (OS 4.6): Tabbed Docks

Advertisement

Here is a theme that has five hidden docks that you pull up from independent tabs giving access to thirty (30) icons from the homescreen. The icons for each tab/dock are:
    1. Messaging: Contacts, Messenger, Messages, SMSandMSS, Compose, and Phone.
    2. Media: MediaPlayer, Music, Camera, Video, VoiceNotes, and Profiles.
    3. Utilities: Browser, Maps, Calculator, MemoPad, Search, and Password.
    4. Setup: Calendar, Tasks, Clock, Options, Connections, and SetupWizard.
    5. Applications: whichever six applications are in the top of the applications screen.
    The theme provides a hidden today area with space for up to five (5) recent items.

The navigation is simple: You move sideways to select a tab/dock; pull it up; move sideways within the tab/dock or farther up for the today area and back down out of the today area; you push your tab/down back down.

Like in my previous work, YAST, you should use your own wallpaper with this theme. The tabs view is self-hidding, i.e., when the docks are down, the tabs are hidden after being idle for ten (10) seconds. If the tabs are hidden, clicking the trackball (or moving the trackball sideways or up) will bring them back up. The today area will not be hidden by pushing the dock down but only by selecting a different icon. So the today area may show even with the tabs hidden

Again, I only did a lot of animation work for the homescreen, besides that, most of the theme is default.

OTA: here

P.S. The wallpapers in the pictures are from the simulator and not part of the theme.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by graciliano; 12-10-2009 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Added animated homescreen simulation

ct5694 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    can you post a screenshot/picture of the theme?
    i heart pink robots, cupcakes, and sushi.
    www.nerdyconnie.com

Sorry, ct5694. I thought I did it, but I missed it. Some screenshots are there now.
    ...yes! pink robots are nice

mikedoan no está en línea Stack level 3
    WOW..!!!
    That's awesome concept..!! I love it!
    I take it that the icons on the first few docks are "fixed"; can't be changed? I've been looking for something like this for a while now.

mikedoan, yes, only the "Applications" dock can be changed. I am considering to make a more customizable version with half the icons fixed and half of them custom.

That would be great actually. I noticed that I had a couple of blanks icon spaces when I installed the theme.. Since I live in Australia, and there are no BB Maps for down under :-(... I don't use BB Maps (google maps instead). Love the theme hey... (you considering doing something with alternative icon set?
    Last edited by mikedoan; 12-07-2009 at 07:11 AM. Reason: correct typo
    BB 7100g (R.I.P.)
    BB Pearl 8100 (R.I.P.)
    BB BOLD 9000 (on the shelf)
    BB STORM (R.I.P.)

iPhone4

mikedoan, I would like to know which icons you are missing (or anyone is)! (I take BB Maps is one of them.)
    I do not have a BB 9000 device. I have only simulated the theme. Your feedback is important to me.
    My motivation for a different version was to make it more useful for people that use a lot of non default BB applications. (I left only six spaces for those in the current version.) In the next version I am considering to leave:
    1. Messaging: Contacts, Messenger, Messages, [slot 12], [slot 13], and Phone.
    2. Media: MediaPlayer, Music, Camera, Video, VoiceNotes, and [slot 14].
    3. Setup: Calendar, Tasks, Clock, Options, Connections, and Profiles.
    4. Utilities: [slot 6], ..., [slot 11]
    5. Applications: [slot 0], ..., [slot 5]
    where [slot n] is the n + 1 icon in the Applications screen. However if someone is going to have a blank space instead of one of the fixed icons I would much rather leave it available for another [slot x].
    P.S. Australia is the other side of the planet for me.
    P.P.S. I have thought about leaving an space for another [slot x] instead of VoiceNotes, also to leave out Video and even the BB Messenger. But I believe enough people would rather agree that two (2) custom spots for Messaging and one (1) for Media is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by graciliano View Post
    mikedoan, I would like to know which icons you are missing (or anyone is)! (I take BB Maps is one of them.)
    BB Maps and Password?? (is that password keeper? I use Keepass as it's able to sync with desktop version; and it's free)

My motivation for a different version was to make it more useful for people that use a lot of non default BB applications.
    I have been a long time BB user and tested a number of themes for developers (ecruz included)... one of the problems I've seen is when the user cannot customise the theme (such as this) and then becomes unusable. Less is more I think; leave it to the user as they know what they will and will not use.

(I left only six spaces for those in the current version.) In the next version I am considering to leave:
    For your feedback, so that you know how another user would configure it, this is how I'd utelise the icon spaces (if all of the icons were customisable).

1. Messaging: Phone, Messages, SMS/MMS, BBM, FaceBook, IM+.
    2. Media: Music, Pictures, Video, Camera, Video Camera, Voice Notes.
    3. Setup: Profiles, Manage Connections, Options, Signal-Loc, WiFi File Transfer, Clock.
    4. Utilities: Tasks, MemoPad, KeePass, Browser, Calculator, Contacts
    5. Applications: Viigo, BibleReader, Google Maps, MindBerry, BoltBrowser, FileScout

where [slot n] is the n + 1 icon in the Applications screen. However if someone is going to have a blank space instead of one of the fixed icons I would much rather leave it available for another [slot x].
    You are absolutely correct there. I've trialled so many amazing themes where developer was unwilling to either make a modification/customisation; I ended up deleting the Theme out of shear frustration. Like I said, Let the end user decide. It offers them a much greater level of usability.

P.S. Australia is the other side of the planet for me.
    You'll have to come check it out sometime.

Happy to test the theme out for you.

One other thing that I noticed is when you scroll over the Calendar icon, and the today items appear (nice addition by the way), I find that if I then scroll down, the tab/dock closes, but the today items remain displayed until I navigate to another tab/dock and scroll up to an icon. (Not sure if there is a way to force the today items to disappear once focus is off the Calendar icon?)

Keep up the great Work, I'm loving the concept.
    Last edited by mikedoan; 12-09-2009 at 02:46 AM. Reason: typo
    BB 7100g (R.I.P.)
    BB Pearl 8100 (R.I.P.)
    BB BOLD 9000 (on the shelf)
    BB STORM (R.I.P.)

iPhone4

DCorrea702 no está en línea Stack level 2
    anyway u can make it for the 9700 Bold????

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Truly impressive work . Great job.

...Kudos
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

cbeslash no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    26936cc9
    Awesome work. Very original

To mikedoan:
    Thank you for your feedback. There were two reasons for not making the theme fully customizable (it would had been easier to me!). The first reason is because the tab labels have to be fixed. The second and more important reason is because it would force the user to have a very particular layout within the applications screen. But perhaps I should make the next version as such (after all, it is easier for me!)
    On a different point: The today area will not be hidden by pushing the dock down but only by selecting a different icon. This behaviour was by chance and not by choice. I have not been able to make it work differently. I though someone may actually like it.

To DCorrea702:
    I will port the theme to the BB 9700 within a week or so, but I want to make it more customizable first.

To raton and cbeslash:
    Thank you for the compliment, it means a lot to me comming from such great theme creators.

Antgod no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2148A220
    I tried using the theme but it slows my 9000 down a lot of the hour glass going on .good theme ,might just be my phone

Antgod, I cannot explain why would the theme slow down your phone except that there are some ten (10) seconds animations within it. But those long animations do not really do anything but just wait to hide the tabs after being idle. The SVG is a long piece of code, but not terribly complicated. As I wrote in a previous post, I do not have the device so I can only simulate it, and I found no particular problems then. I hope yours was an isolated temporary experience. Anyway, thanks for the report and the compliment.

Antgod no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2148A220
    Ya just a report it could be on my end

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast