Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

From GeoHots blog: If you are on a 2G iPhone, blacksn0w isn't an option for ... iPhone Jailbreaking forum

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid

Advertisement

From GeoHots blog:
    If you are on a 2G iPhone, blacksn0w isn't an option for you. But BootNeuter is, a completely free permanent unlock for your 2G. Of course, blackra1n will work great, and even hacktivate for you.

looks like you are stuck using pwnage tool or using a custom ipsw.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

evo1725 no está en línea Stack level 4
    where can i get the bootneuter? any links

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    You need to have iTunes 9.0 and 3.1.2 on your phone. also you need to disable all of your firewall and virus scan apps. Then close iTunes and plug in
    your iPhone. Click let it rain. If it goes to the USB screen and stays that way, click on let it rain again until it says it is installed. I would try it again
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

PIN/ID
    neorabid
    im smoking crack, please excuse the brain fart from earlier I was leaving work and was in a hurry to get home. Blackra1n should hacktivate but it will not unlock because the baseband is not supported by blacksn0w, bootneuter is however. Bootneuter is found in cydia after you install blackra1n its for unlocking the 2G iPhones baseband.

load up that custom firmware I gave you the link for then run blackra1n.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.

ooh i have the 9.1 itunes

PIN/ID
    neorabid
    did you redownload the program and get the newest RC?

make sure you are using the right version if you want to hacktivate your phone.
    http://www.blackra1n.com/blackra1n.exe

Im pretty sure you are trying to use RC 1 or 2 but those dont hacktivate only jailbreak. Should be using RC3
    Quotes to live by:

lol ok on the link u mailed me it says i need to extract them with winrawr but wich one do i download it has alot of diff ones on the winrawr website

i got the rc 3
    but no luck

You could restore your 3.1.2 back on your phone and then try it again with RC3 and firewall disabled and iTunes closed.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

PIN/ID
    neorabid
    Quotes to live by:

when i open itunes it says please insert a valid simcrad

i dont understand it says done wait dor reboot then the screen with the itunes logo comes up again but it says it was jailbroken

Unplug your phone from iTunes. Try to reboot your phone pressing power and home key at the same time. Then power on and see if you have the black rain drop app on your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    Try to reboot your phone pressing power and home key at the same time. Then power on and see if you have the black rain drop app on your phone.

nope still the same screen

You are so close. Keep trying to use make it rain again until it says installed, but it should reboot and bring up Geo's picture on the homescreen.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast