to all those jailbreakers using "iclarified" as tutorial to jaibreak your iphone DO NOT download ... iPhone Jailbreaking forum

evo1725 no está en línea Stack level 4

WARNING!!!

Advertisement

to all those jailbreakers using "iclarified" as tutorial to jaibreak your iphone DO NOT download the 3.0 from the link on the page. use the official from itunes then run redsn0w as normal. it has some kind of problem that after you jailbreak your iphone you'll need to restore it cuz it'll allways gonna be freezing whenever you turn off your device or reboot it. (believe me i learned that the hard way really hard way) and that's it. i though you stackers would like to know.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Can you give more info on that one file? Did you use a different file from another location and solve the issues?

i used the official itunes software and redsn0w from dev team, cuz if you use the 3.0 sorfware provide by iclarified it wont work and keep freezing your fone

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    I told you this when I gave you the steps. Use the official its always better to start from scratch than to use someone else's files.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

well i miss that part, but regarless of that the iclarified tutorial is really helpfull but not to download from their page, and maybe nobody else make the same mistake that i made cuz is a pain in the butt!!! the all day yesterday i was without a phone, i restore and rejailbreak my iphone several times

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    My question that's kind of on the topic is about cydia. Is normal in some instances for it to just stop opening up. I downloaded iblacklist and a couple of ringtones and now cydia won't open up anymore. Any suggestions?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

PIN/ID
    neorabid
    iblacklist doesnt work on os 3.0 yet!
    you are probably having memory crashes, I would reboot the phone and try to open cydia and uninstall it asap.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Iblacklist is working fine it's cydia that's giving me a problem. It won't open back up and I've booted my iPhone many times now. I see what you are saying with the memory crashes I may have to reinstall. I don't want to but I have to I guess.

I had the same problem with cydia. It used to said unable to load or time out or no network connection or sometimes it won't even open at all. It started workink till today that I finally got the jailbreaking fine with no erros. Befor it wouldn't even update those essential updates that mention cydia when you open it for the first time after jailbreaking

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Are the essential updates that are flagged when opening it for the first time needed? I have not used the phone since. I shut it off and have been waiting to go back and do that.

What do they update?
    Should I select to update them. I think there were 3 items?

I didn't have time to mess with it. I try not to crash things unless I have time to fix them.

I think they are cuz the message says "cydia needs to upgrade this two essential upgrade if don't you may find errors while in use" or somthing like that and it'll give you three options. Upgrade essentials. Upgrade comple and cancel ( for the moment). So the first time I cancel and it wouldn't let me add new sources like ultrasn0w hackulous etc. And some downloads wouldn't complet with the message erro (2).

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Alright I will turn it back on sometime later and update those.

thx

MREY74 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    314CA548

THE QUESTION I NEVER GOT ANSWERED WAS

Do you need a sim in the phone when you update to 3.0

PIN/ID
    neorabid
    att sim for activation, other than that you can install without it.
    Quotes to live by:

It doesn't matter if is not activeded as long as is an AT&T sim is all good. That's how I did mi phone with a disconnected sim card.