Being that Im new to the Apple I-Phone I thought I would ask, about Unlocking ... iPhone Jailbreaking forum

ItsaRaid no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    217B8701

Unlocking of the I-Phone 3G/32S

Advertisement

Being that Im new to the Apple I-Phone I thought I would ask, about Unlocking the I-Phone.

I hear alot about Jailbreaker or doing another "Sim" card- On the Blackberry Bold if you Unlock the phone, you can go out of Country and use it, you can also use it on another carrier without a problem. In order to do so, AT&T or RIM will email you a special code and instructions, once you follow them correctly your phone is completely unlocked. Is this the same for the I-Phone?

Is this a similar scenario for the Newest I-Phone? I travel alot to Israel and am wondering if it will work the same way. Maybe someone can explain in detail the Jailbreak or switching of a sim card on the I-Phone.

Thank you!
    Last edited by ItsaRaid; 06-29-2009 at 01:16 PM. Reason: typo

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    right now the jailbreak/unlock for the 3GS is unavailable to the public.

you may be able to use a Rebel Sim or Turbo Sim to unlock your phone but that would be definately one of the first to try it out.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

usman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207717F1
    if you have a mac, it has just recently been announced that you can unlock your phone with the 3.0 firmware with jailbreak. It can only be done on a mac currently hence I said that. For more information check out the iphone dev-team blog. You will need to jailbreak and then run ultrasn0w. But remember, this just for the 3G the 3GS stuff is not available yet.

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

The windows version will be announced soon, they are just working out some kinks. If you have the new 3GS it cannot be unlocked yet. Just check out that blog and also read http://www.modmyi.com for more info on iphone hacking and tricks.

That should get you started in the fun.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Unlocking the 3G with redsn0w is a piece of cake but keep in mind quality control after JB is cruddy at best. Many Apps have not been updated to work with 3.0 and will crash the phone or cause problems so be certain you have covered all your concerns before installing anything new.

PIN/ID
    217B8701

To the above

Okay, Im even more confused now- The Apple Store rep said something about a sim card-
    Why would you unlock a I-Phone? Jailbreak or whatever, I dont understand what Jailbreak is or isnt, I thought that the reason you unlock a phone is so you can use it elsewhere, for instance, when I go to Israel, I can purchase a cheap plan with Cellucom, I pop the sim card in boot up the phone and voila, I have a full fledged working cell phone for Israel. When it comes time to go home I put my sim card back in (The original) boot the phone up and Voila, Im back in Ohio-

Cellucom is the Israeli Cell service, alot of times they will sell a too good to believe package 60 hrs cell time and -1- free camel ride with a spitless camel!! for 25.00 us funds something like that, no pun intended.

Can someone better explain the process of Unlocking on a I-Phone.
    Thank you!

usman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207717F1
    i think you are taking about the turbo sim technique, you may want to purchanse a straight up unlocked from from apple, that will set you back 399, 499, 599 and can be hand via apple if i am not mistaken.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    You have it correct sorta? The 3G can be unlocked the 3GS can NOT be unlocked YET because there is no software available to the public to Jail Break the phone which is requred in order to Unlock it.

Steps:

1. Jail Break the phone
    2. Unlock it after it's Jail Broken

Many Jail Break then unlock a phone so it can be used with another carrier other than AT&T. Jail Breaking a phone will only allow you to install software not found in the App Store on iTunes.
    Last edited by srl7741; 06-29-2009 at 03:14 PM.

evo1725 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Hey I friend of mine have his iPhone unlock without being jailbroken. How is that? He don't even got a turbo sim or nothing like that.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    its jailbroken or turbo sim'd.
    Unless he got one that was factory unlocked from apple.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

PIN/ID
    217B8701

Apple

How do you get one unlocked from Apple?

evo1725 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Well I know it wasn't jailbroken cuz I did the jailbreakin on his fone and that's when I notice that it was allready unlock without even being jailbroken so I ask him that how did he did that and he said that he had sent it to a place to unlock it but I forgot to ask him where
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~