Hi guys, I got my mom the original iphone 2G and had it unlocked bc ... iPhone Jailbreaking forum

soccer6_10 no está en línea Stack level 2

Unlock/Jailbreak IPhone 2G 1.1.4 to current OS

Advertisement

Hi guys,

I got my mom the original iphone 2G and had it unlocked bc she was on T-Mobile. Anyways, it has now been like three years and she still has the original 1.1.4 software on it.

I was wondering if it was possible to unlock and jailbreak to the current OS version? What is the current OS version btw?

Also are there any good tutorials about how to do this?

Lastly, here current version, although ancient, works completely perfectly. There are no bugs, she doens't need her computer around to start her phone, bluetooth works, etc. With the upgrades can I expect her iphone to still work the same? Meaning will it still function the same, just with new features, options, better battery life etc?

Thanks

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    For great walk thru Tudors try

http://www.iclarified.com/

http://www.iclarified.com/tutorials/index.php/

look in the Tudor section under iPhone.

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    you can go all the way to the newest firmware 3.1.3 and still unlock with a 2G.just use sn0wbreeze or pwnagetool to go to the newest firmware then use bootneuter to unlock.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by neorabid View Post
    you can go all the way to the newest firmware 3.1.3 and still unlock with a 2G.just use sn0wbreeze or pwnagetool to go to the newest firmware then use bootneuter to unlock.

Great solution to an easy fix here, way to go Bro!!!

iLord is DEAD!

I have a 3gs with fiware 3.1 (7c144). What's the difference in 3.1,2? Shouldn't it of came with 3.1.2 or higher seeing it's 3gs and brand new??
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16