sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    Ok try restoring in NORMAL MODE.

iLord is DEAD!

cjeezy no está en línea Stack level 3
    Still errors out in iTunes

Hi Sooner,

Yes this is exactly what I did. I think the problem is that after selecting my device with iReb, I'm not getting a white or red screen as the video says. Here's my situation, I've had a serious memory leak for a while now that I cannot figure out and Cydia does not open anymore (it just crashes). I wanted to just do a restore then rejailbreak and only down load a few apps and things this time...but alas this is proving to be more of a challenge lol

Is your phone workin now, even with the crashing of Cydia?

Do you know how to just clean it all out by SSH?
    Or iFile?

iLord is DEAD!

If your phone is working but not they way ud wish. I would just do a restore from a previous back up from a later date.

iLord is DEAD!

That's what I was thinking. Do backups re-install that firmware? Here's my next question, all of my back ups are saved on iTunes at my home computer which is NOT connected to the internet. I have iTunes on my computer at work but there are no back ups. Can I back it up here now and then do a restore, or will this back up still have the same problems after the restore? Also when I connect to iTunes it says there's a carrier update. Should I do this?

Thanks again for all your help!

Backing up at work is good, it wont put anything JB in the Backup. Here is the problem tho, you not having internet at home you cant restore from a previous back up.

But you should be able to get to your account at work and restore what you have backed up from the house, but im not sure.

iLord is DEAD!

I back it up restored it and it's still jailbroken. Hmmm. Not sure how to get back to factory at this point. I guess at least a memory leak and Cydia-less iphone is better than a bricked iphone!

Hey Sooner,

I just wanted to let you know that I plugged in my phone to iTunes this morning and tried the restore (without it being in DFU mode), and the fikles you sent me worked! Thanks a million friend!

Sure no problem bro. Im glad you got it all fixed up. Be sure and save those files, for future restores, and if you ever need new ones of any OS just hollar at me.
    Was it pre JailBroke for ya/ It should have been. If you ever wanna change that Boot logo here is how you do it.

1. Unzip the Redsn0w program and place the .ipsw file in the Redsn0w application folder like so:
    2. Open up the Redsn0w program and direct the program to the IPSW file for your device. And the following menu will pop up. Since this guide only works with non-MC serial coded devices, you click NO (if that is the right answer. If it’s yes, this guide is not for you).

Click next.
    3. You will be presented with the below menu.

This guide assumes you have already got a jailbroken device and therefore you should deselect ‘Install Cydia’ and select ‘Already pwned’. You can then select verbose mode or the custom boot logos and you wish.
      Note: Verbose mode changes you booting so that it shows what is happening within the device whilist it starts up. It is a punch of code running down the scree and looks pretty awesome
    4. Click next and Redsn0w will ask you to put your device into Recovery mode (NOT DFU MODE). To do this, simply hold down both buttons until the recovery picture comes up (this can take a while, even 3 minutes). It will look like below:
    5. Redsn0w will now automatically do its stuff. Leave the device along until it reboots again.

You will now have a custom boot logo and recovery logo.
    Boot logos:

Here are some boot logos for you to select in the program:

iLord is DEAD!

Sweeeet! I was wondering about that boot logo. Where do I get the Redsnow program? Thanks again for all your help I appreciate it!

iLord is DEAD!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast