Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

So has anyone tried blackra1n? can you unlock it in the future if they find ... iPhone Jailbreaking forum

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator

Advertisement

So has anyone tried blackra1n? can you unlock it in the future if they find a way to do it? Is the unlock just to use on another carrier?
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    if they can find an exploit in 5.11.07 you will be able to unlock if your jb.
    yes all unlock is for is too use a different carrier other than att
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

Well, I was successful in Jailbreaking my iPhone 3GS on 3.1.2.. The trick is to disable or uninstall all of your firewalls and spyware programs. What I did was to remove them through control panel, but did not hit restart. I also disabled windows firewall. Then I downloaded and saved all the spyware and my firewall programs to my downloads folder including the Purplera1n program. After I had everything set up and saved in my downloads, then I restarted my computer. Once it restarted, I went to my documents and my downloads and opened Purplera1n first. Plugged in my iPhone and then let it rain. It went to DFU for about a second and then started running and brought up Geo's picture and a popup that it was jailbroken and to wait for reboot. After reboot I went to the purplera1n icon on my phone and clicked on the Cydia folder. Then I went to my downloads and re-installed all of my spyware and firewall programs and windows firewall. That's it.. Now, I need to find out what my jailbreak can do. Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by pdxmatts; 10-15-2009 at 07:50 AM.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    Well, I was successful in Jailbreaking my iPhone 3GS on 3.1.2.. The trick is to disable or uninstall all of your firewalls and spyware programs. What I did was to remove them through control panel, but did not hit restart. Then I download and saved all the spyware and my firewall programs to my downloads folder including the Purplera1n program. After I had everything set up and saved in my downloads, then I restarted my computer. Once it restarted, I went to my documents and my downloads and opened Purplera1n first. Plugged in my iPhone and then let it rain. It went to DFU for about a second and then started running and brought up Geo's picture and a popup that it was jailbroken and to wait for reboot. After reboot I went to the purplera1n icon on my phone and clicked on the Cydia folder. That's it.. Now, I need to find out what my jailbreak can do. Any help would be appreciated.
    Congrats on your jailbreak. The best advice that I personally could tell you is that when you have time to is to just come through it first even if it takes you a couple of days and just get a feel for the layout. Cydia has so much to offer from themes, ringtones, different little widgets that complement your native apps, and an assortment of other apps. Some are free some are not. My first app, iblacklist, I paid for. It's an excellent app for call screen/block if you don't have one already. Another one of my favorites is google voice which can also be found in cydia........I could go on..... . If you have any specific questions just ask. There are always changes and additions to cydia everyday. Just select "changes" down at the bottom. Good luck and enjoy!!!
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

Thank you so much. I went and watched some youtube videos and downloaded steffwiz and all sources to get started. I installed keyboard vibrate tweak ( I wanted to see how it felt to have the keys vibrate while typing) It's cool and strange at the same time, I'll have to see if I like it or not.

Should I install Winterboard and Mobile Substrate to download themes?

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Yep with 99% of all themes/items you will need winterboard. It's a great ideal to install mobile substrate also.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

PIN/ID
    neorabid
    If you download winterboard it automatically downloads mobile substrate, on any program if it requires a program you dont have it will be included in the install whether you choose it or not.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.

Check this out. Blacksn0w for unlocking 3.1.x OS. Coming in November

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/10/31/blacksn0w-iphone-unlock-complete-launching-november-4th/

(iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16[/i][/size]

labevlol no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    BREEEEEE
    niiice now i can finally get rid of that iphone i have

evo1725 no está en línea Stack level 4
    finally i was stock on 3.1.2 for a while allready, (have to use my 8320 agian)

Quote Originally Posted by calm_tiger View Post
    Another one of my favorites is google voice which can also be found in cydia........

where exacly on cydia? do i need to install any source? i search it but coulndt find it.

Brian80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    evo it doesnt release till Nov 4th

Lol I guess I'll be waiting a lil longer. But it's good. As long as it does come out on 11/4 I have no problem waiting.

PIN/ID
    neorabid
    gv mobile? this has been out for a long time, since it was removed from the app store.
    Quotes to live by:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast