Ok, I have a JB 3.1.2 non teatherd with baseband 5.11.07 And my Cydia keeps ... iPhone Jailbreaking forum

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional

Question Question on restoring iPhone

Advertisement

Ok, I have a JB 3.1.2 non teatherd with baseband 5.11.07

And my Cydia keeps crashing on me, I have rebooted, Deleted Cydia, and reinstalled Cydia, but it still crashes on me.

So I HAVE NOT DOWNLOADED THE NEW JOKE OF A OS 3.1.3 to my iTunes.

Can I restore through iTunes and be ok, then use PKGbackup to get all my packages back up and running?

More concerend with it still be JB on 3.1.2, all my apps not a problem getting back, with a little time.

Just scared to restore, for the outcome. I WOULD RATHER LOSE CYDIA FOR A FEW MORE MONTHS THAN BE NON JB.

Any advice for me?

Thanks

iLord is DEAD!

Ok, Im back up and runnin and Cydia does not crash anymore.

What I did to fix it..............

First off I already had PkgBackup installed and had my packages and apps backed up to begin with.

First I went into iFile and deleted ALL Cydia relalated packages, then I deleted Cydia icon, and Blackra1n, Then I added Blackra1n and rejailbroke while in DFU mode, then added Rock and installed Cydia installer, then added Cydia, then deleted Rock, then I restored all my packages that I had previously had on PkgBackup, then used iWipe Cashe.

That was it............ Something so simple that I had to just think about it, and follow those steps in order.

iLord is DEAD!

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    You shouldn't have Rock and Cydia installed. They don't play nice together
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

That was the only way to get Cydia Installer back up and running, I deleted Rock, Rock SUX..............

iLord is DEAD!

three3peat no está en línea Stack level 3
    I think Rox is faster . I have them both and I have no problems. It used to be one or the other before kinda like either Icy or Cydia but now , Rox and Cydia update each other .

Quote Originally Posted by three3peat View Post
    I think Rox is faster . I have them both and I have no problems. It used to be one or the other before kinda like either Icy or Cydia but now , Rox and Cydia update each other .
    Rock is some what faster but unreliable. Cydia has made slot of faster improvements the last week.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16