Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mark Stone

OK- So, I am giving this some serious consideration. However, I do have a question ... iPhone Jailbreaking forum

TeriO no está en línea Stack level 3

Question about Jailbreaking my iPhone 5...

Advertisement

OK- So, I am giving this some serious consideration. However, I do have a question that might or might not be a stumbling block... I listen to a lot of books on my phone and am constantly moving books on and off of it, via iTunes. At least 2-3 times a week, I sync with iTunes to either take a book off or add a new one. If I were to jailbreak my phone, can I still do that? If I understand correctly, I can still sync with iTunes, I just can't install the latest OS updates that come out. Is that a correct understanding? Or, if I jailbreak, will I no longer be able to change out the books that are on my phone?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    The only thing you won't be able to do once you jailbreak is update your OS. Other than that, it's business as usual.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Terio, iTunes still reigns supreme. Always. All the apps, the podcasts, the books, the music etc will remain unaltered.
    Jailbreak only affords you access to modifying your iOS and add "packages" and "Sources" for apps that you won´t have access to on iTunes. The rest remains untouched. And that means any back-ups of your iPhone you´ve done to iCloud or to your PC.
    And if you don´t like the experience, all you do is recover the original by doing a System Recovery via iTunes.
    And then you´re back to square one.
    You are presently with OS 6.1.2 - so the Evasi0n JB works fine. It´s a 3 minute affair to get Cydia. Let the process start and end. Don´t touch the phone until the installation asks you to. ( To UNLOCK and to PRESS ONCE the Install Evasi0n JB Icon (usually on your last page). Once it´s all done, press the new icon CYDIA. Let it load. Then its business as usual. And it´s here that you may want to ask further questions. LOL!
    If Apple, in the future, updates to 6.1.3 and suggests the update, then you must reject it. Or else, you´ll be back to square one, again.

minabasla no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    The only thing you won't be able to do once you jailbreak is update your OS. Other than that, it's business as usual.
    Besides the iOS update restrictions takecare that there might be some jailbreak versions that doesn't allow you to update the applications but allows you to install it only !!

-Mina

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Welcome to PinStack and thanks for your input, Mina, but make sure you look at the date of the last post in a thread so you're not responding to year old threads like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Welcome to PinStack and thanks for your input, Mina, but make sure you look at the date of the last post in a thread so you're not responding to year old threads like this one.
    It's only a year. Sheesh!
    catstide likes this.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Ease up Rog...what Mark said.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    How do I jailbreak my nexus???

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID