Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I would like to know is it safe to do? I just got the iPhone ... iPhone Jailbreaking forum

partycove no está en línea Stack Pro

New to iPhone 3g 3.0 os what all does jailbreak & unlock do? Should I ?

Advertisement

I would like to know is it safe to do? I just got the iPhone 3g and I love it.
    I read alot about it but none of what I read says what I'mooking for.
    Like can I still use itones or the app store and is it better?
    I also heard that u can't update anything. So that's why I also ask is it safe?
    I have the 3.0 right should I jailbreak or unlock now or wait till after
    3.1 comes out. That you for all your imput. All trust stackers!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    neorabid has a great guide posted here ultimately it's up to you on weather it's worth it to Jailbreak.
    Many JB in order to Unlock the phone. Some JB in order to use the great Themes.

If you JB the phone and then update the OS later you will need to re-Jailbreak it again. The Jailbreak is broken with each new OS update.

iTunes and the App Store will continue to work the same as they do with a factory un-Jailbroken iPhone.
    If you Jailbreak and something goes wrong or you just change your mind you can always restore it back to the original OS (Restore instructions)

Hope that helps?
    Last edited by srl7741; 07-09-2009 at 04:47 PM.

Would it be ok to jailbreak it now or better to wait till after 3.1 comes out?

PIN/ID
    Retired
    I don't think it's going to make much difference actually? It's unknown when 3.1 will be out. When 3.1 does come out everyone will have to wait for the Jailbreak to be released.

If you would like to JB the phone waiting will not do you any good. you still have to go through the same steps. You could also look at it as practice for when 3.1 is released

It only takes a few minutes to Jailbreak the phone.

I looked at the post for jailbreaking and it say I have to have firmware 2.??.??
    And I have firmware 4.26.08. Would that matter or do I have to do
    something else before I try to jailbreak? Sorry for all the question I just
    want to make sure I do it all right and not kill my phone.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    I'm not sure if neo has updated it? I will have to look.
    For the moment does worry to much about what version you have.
    If you have the 3.0 OS installed on the 3G you should be fine to use the current versions of redsn0w to Jailbreak. Both on Windows or a Mac.

Here is a great tudor

or

Here for other tudors

Edit* I may add to remember to backup before doing anything to the phone.
    For what it's worth.. The iPhone is not like others (it's difficult to brick)
    If you make mistakes you can always restore in iTunes. Using the method mentioned above.
    Last edited by srl7741; 07-09-2009 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Brick statement changed :)

Thx u been lots of help

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    jailbreaking on os 3.0 is relatively simple.
    I havent updated my site to reflect but there are numerous tutorials online to refer to as well as a post on here where I explain the process.
    http://forums.pinstack.com/showpost....6&postcount=11

Here is a link to redsn0w the program you need to install the JB.
    http://blog.iphone-dev.org/post/1269...edsn0w-in-june
    Last edited by neorabid; 07-09-2009 at 06:08 PM.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

PIN/ID
    neorabid
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    Edit* I may add to remember to backup before doing anything to the phone.
    For what it's worth.. The iPhone is not like others you really can't brick it.
    If you make mistakes you can always restore in iTunes. Using the method mentioned above.
    The iPhone can be bricked just not really easy to do it, I know ive done it before.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    I thought about that after writing it?..... I would hope people are not that literal. Nothing is 100%. I suppose I should edit it again. Your right.

PIN/ID
    neorabid
    yeah your always gonna get that one iphone hater that comes up in here saying they brick all the time, I had to TRY REAL HARD to brick mine.
    I didnt mean to sound rude or anything just pointing out that nothing is impossible.
    Quotes to live by:

PIN/ID
    Retired
    I'm glad you said something. I would rather give correct info than incorrect info.
    Nothing is worse than crashing your smartphone and not being able to fix it.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Man I'm so ready to try this as I've unlocked and updated the os on many a berry. Now that I'm on apple it's all new and exciting. You know the crzy thing about thisvis that one day the machines will become self aware. Crazy to poknintothe future of machines and not just humans huh. Amy says it's 2026.

ok update . i done everything the tudor told mw to do but i dont know what i am doin wrong. I download the fireware but when it downloads it does has a zip so when i try to find it to put it on my phone it can not be found. so how can i fix this? thx

PIN/ID
    Retired
    After downloading the Zip file un-zip it and place the contents into a new folder. Name the folder and when doing the install look in that new folder for the files needed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast