Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i tired jailbreaking my IPhone 3gs 4.2.1, i followed all the steps from ultrasn0w.ca. i ... iPhone Jailbreaking forum

obione no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24aa759c

NEED HELP

Advertisement

i tired jailbreaking my IPhone 3gs 4.2.1, i followed all the steps from ultrasn0w.ca. i used redsn0w 9.6b6 and was able to run it all, even installing the ipad firmware on the phone. nothing happen it just hung on the itunes sysmbol and usb cord. so i tired to reinstall the ios4.2.1 from apples itune and everything was goes ok until it hits the iphone firmware than it stops and i get an error. what happened can anyone help me. can i restore my iphone.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    There are more people on here that know a lot more about iphones than I do, but I'll try to help. I had installed Tiny Umbrella on my laptop, and itunes would not connect properly to restore. I finally ended up installing itunes and iOS 4.2 on my wifes laptop, which had never had any jailbreak or itunes installed on it before. Clean fresh install, and it worked fine. However it did take close to 4 hrs to DL 4.2. This is the only way I could do it. Maybe someone else has some ideas. Good luck!
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    What does the error say? 4.2 is NOT a good OS. What is your carrier as well?

OH ALSO 4.2 IS A TEATHERD JAILBREAK!!!

iLord is DEAD!

Depending on if you have a old boot or new boot you will need two different items to JB and unlock. The following by JailBreak matrix will help explain what it is you need to do, and explain which boot you may have that will tellyou in settings/about then down on bottom wheather you have an MC model or not. In my signature will have ALL the links you need. Now recboot will help you get out of those errors.
    Good luck and God speed!

Jailbreak Guides
    Ok lots of news in the Jailbreak and iPhone community. Today we've seen the 4.2.1 firmware finally release from Apple. Hours later we see the new version of Redsn0w come up from the Dev Team
    Let me give you a little more information about the new Redsn0w 0.9.6b4
    - runs on both OSX and Windows
    - on new devices the jailbreak is tethered, this includes the iPad, iPhone 3GS (new bootrom), iPhone 4, iPod Touch 2G MC, 3G and 4G, this means each time that you reboot, you will have to connect to the computer and run Redsn0w again.
    - This tethered jailbreak is a little better, because last time we had a tethered jailbreak, we could not use the phone or ipod until we connected it to the computer, this time we can use the phone but can't use the jailbreak features. Good if you are on the road and your iphone dies, because you can still use it when you plug it in, you just wont have jailbreak features until you get to a computer
    - the jailbreak for iPod touch 2G (non mc) and iPhone 3G, and 3GS (old bootrom) is untethered
    The jailbreak process using Redsn0w 0.9.6b4 to jailbreak 4.2.1 remains the same as always, you can use our Redsn0w 0.9.6b2 guide at the bottom of the page for instructions or :
    I've made 2 videos below choose the one depending on the device you have.
    Watch Jailbreak iPhone 3G / 3GS (old bootrom), iPod Touch 2G(non MC) on 4.2.1
    Watch Jailbreak iPhone 4 / 3GS (new bootrom), iPod Touch 2G(MC), 3G, 4G & iPad on 4.2.1
    here are the files needed for the jailbreak
    Download Redsn0w 0.9.6b4 for Windows
    Download Redsn0w 0.9.6b4 for Mac
    Download 4.2.1 Firmware
    Download Recboot

iLord is DEAD!

PIN/ID
    24aa759c
    when i get home tonight sooner i will let you know what does the error say.

OKIE DOKIE

Try and run OS again and if error pops up run recboot. All you need is in this thread post number 4.

iLord is DEAD!

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Sooner will fix you up. He's an iPhone guru. What I told you worked for me but probably not the easiest way to do it.
    Last edited by chokem; 12-13-2010 at 06:23 PM.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

PIN/ID
    24aa759c
    ok the error code it 1015 and it happens when its trying to install iphone firmware. does not pass that point. i used recboot, does not work. i totall fed up the phone

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Hey Obione, here are my questions... Is this a brand new phone you have? Have you jailbroken it before? if so, did you save your shsh? did you hit make my life easier on cydia? Were you running 4.0.1 or any other OS's before you went and upgraded to the "why would I wanna upgrade" aka 4.2? If you have jailbroken it before and were running an older OS and you have saved your shsh, then just download a custom firmware...Lemme know which one you want. I usually go to sinfuliphone.com They're the iPhone Gods when it comes to issues like the one you're having. I'm telling ya from experience...I've brought my iphone back from the shadow of death many many many....................many times before. That site is legit and has custom firmwares available for downloads...
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

PIN/ID
    24aa759c
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    Hey Obione, here are my questions... Is this a brand new phone you have? Have you jailbroken it before? if so, did you save your shsh? did you hit make my life easier on cydia? Were you running 4.0.1 or any other OS's before you went and upgraded to the "why would I wanna upgrade" aka 4.2? If you have jailbroken it before and were running an older OS and you have saved your shsh, then just download a custom firmware...Lemme know which one you want. I usually go to sinfuliphone.com They're the iPhone Gods when it comes to issues like the one you're having. I'm telling ya from experience...I've brought my iphone back from the shadow of death many many many....................many times before. That site is legit and has custom firmwares available for downloads...
    never had it jailbroken b4, it was running 4.1 b4 i decided to update it and jailbreak it with redsn0w and the ipad firmware. i will check out that site

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Bad move...should've asked here first bro... Once you've upgraded OS you can't revert back to 4.1 or 4.0.1 or 3.1.3 or whatever OS you wanna go back to because you've already upgraded your baseband...should've jailbroken first. I'm afraid you're SOL for now. Now if you're phone's acting all screwy and you wanna go back to the OS just download the custom firmware from sinfuliphone
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

Recboot will get u out of that error. Keep USB connected in and iTunes open run reboot 3 times wait 5 min. and it will bypass it.

I asked what carrier and bootloader got no response

iLord is DEAD!

PIN/ID
    24aa759c
    ill be honest i dont know so of the information you are asking me, but i will try the recboot 3x and see whats up. if i get through, b4 i did anthing it was on at&t never jailbroken and i dont know the bootloarder.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner View Post
    Recboot will get u out of that error. Keep USB connected in and iTunes open run reboot 3 times wait 5 min. and it will bypass it.

I asked what carrier and bootloader got no response

Since your on ATT you dont need an Unlock just JailBreak. Is your phone operating now? Or is it Non operating?

iLord is DEAD!

BE PATIENT AND KEEP YOUR PHONE PLUGED IN USB FOR SEVERAL MIN.

RecBoot: Easy Error 1015 Fixer Tool For Mac And Windows

Mon, Jun 28, 2010
    HACKS

In our previous post, we told you about ‘Error 1015 fixer‘ , a simple tool that can fix your 1015 error with one click . This kind of error usually occur when trying to restore to custom firmwares or downgrading existing firmwares. Now, we got another tool for you, which is both for Mac and Windows and it is called ‘RecBoot’.
    The tool is dead simple, and everybody can use it. It has two buttons ‘Enter Recovery Mode’ and ‘Exit Recovery Mode’ , and you don’t have to be a genius to know which one to click.
    Download :

Download Redsn0w 0.9.6b4 for Windows
    Download Redsn0w 0.9.6b4 for Mac
    Download Recboot
    Last edited by sooner; 12-15-2010 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Fix broken links

iLord is DEAD!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast