Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hi all, Ok so I've had the JB done for over a week and have ... iPhone Jailbreaking forum

cjeezy no está en línea Stack level 3

JB- App questions

Advertisement

Hi all,

Ok so I've had the JB done for over a week and have been messing around with some of the apps and features. It's really amazing, but I do have a few questions:
    1. Is there a "folder" app where I can organize my desktop by putting certain apps in a particular "folder?" I was going to try "Categories" but the reviews didn't seem that great.
    2. What is the best free program for opening .xls programs
    3. What can I use to display unread messages on my home lock screen? I currently have the Status Notifier installed which shows an icon in the status bar, but I was looking for something that will also display messages on the main lock screen. I tried "Notifier Widget" but it removes my wallpaper when I download it.
    4. Are there any more generic "alert" packages for SMS or Ringtones? I'm not looking for anything crazy, just some additional alerts because the factory settings are so limited.
    5 What is the best was to create a custom ringtone? I tried "Ringtones3" however after I run the application, the files do not show in my ringtone folder. Maybe its not compatible with 3.1.2.
    6. Is there a wayt to get the weather and/or temp to display on the lock screen?
    7. What is the difference between a source and a package? How do I know when I will need a specific source.
    8 Are there any programs and/or sources that typically should NOT be dowloaded. For example the vWallpaer as I learned last week
    9. I tried helping a buddy JB his 3G iphone 3.1.,2 but after we click "make it rain" his screen remains stuck with the itunes icon. Any ideas? We trid at least 5 times only to end up having to do a complete restore back to original software.
    10. Is there a way to modify the vibrate setting? I would like to have the phone either vibrate longer or vibrate 2 or 3 times when I get a message. I never feel the alert the way it comes as a default.
    11. How can you tell if there is a price for an app? For example under xsellize, there is ClearCam, but there is no price linked with it. I think the app is $10 after a 15 day trial

Sorry for the abundance of questions and thanks in advance for everyones help!

PS: DO NOT do a "rest all" from the settings menu You'll most likely need to restore everything afterwards.
    Last edited by cjeezy; 10-19-2009 at 01:41 PM.

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    1 - Categories (available in Cydia)
    2 - Not sure. Try FileViewer (available in Cydia)
    3 - LockInfo (available in Cydia)
    4 - Open Cydia, go to Search and type in SMS tone. You should get a ton to choose from.
    5 - Check HERE. Look at grapemist's post (the last one)
    6 - AnyCity Live Weather (available in Cydia)
    7 - A source contains packages and a package is what you actually download. Only way you'll know is if you're searching online for jailbroken apps, and you're instructed to add a specific/certain source to access the package.
    8 - Only way to know is to ask online, or check the package/change log to see if your firmware is supported.
    9 - Try THIS video
    10 - I've attached a tutorial
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by beeshabo View Post
    1 - Categories (available in Cydia) Ok I'll try it out. I wasnt sure due to user reviews
    2 - Not sure. Try FileViewer (available in Cydia) I'll give it a whirl
    3 - LockInfo (available in Cydia) Thanks!
    4 - Open Cydia, go to Search and type in SMS tone. You should get a ton to choose from. Yes I've done this, but was hoping there was a package of many standard ringtones and alerts. No biggie though
    5 - Check HERE. Look at grapemist's post (the last one) I'll check it out!
    6 - AnyCity Live Weather (available in Cydia) Thank you!
    7 - A source contains packages and a package is what you actually download. Only way you'll know is if you're searching online for jailbroken apps, and you're instructed to add a specific/certain source to access the package. I see!
    8 - Only way to know is to ask online, or check the package/change log to see if your firmware is supported. ok
    9 - Try THIS video We tried this, the only difference was we didnt do a restore in the beginning (after the upgrade). I'll try again later this week
    10 - I've attached a tutorial
    Great thanks again!

Any ideas why my wallpaper dissappear everytime I install an app that displays messages on the lock screen? So far I've tried LockScreen and Notifier Widget. It happens on both.

What is SSH and WinSCP for Windows?

Is there a free app like lockmail?

Your wallpaper disappears? Do you have "User Wallpaper" selected in WinterBoard?

SSH - HERE
    WinSCP - HERE

Quote Originally Posted by beeshabo View Post
    Your wallpaper disappears? Do you have "User Wallpaper" selected in WinterBoard?

SSH - HERE
    WinSCP - HERE

I have use wallpaper selected. Its odd, but its just a black screen. Are there any free apps like lock screen? Also, AnyCity does not display weather on the lock screen

cjeezy - I don't know why your lockscreen goes black, doesn't make sense...what exactly are you downloading and setting? there may be two apps that are conflicting causing this.
    HERE is a good tutorial to get the LockScreen stuff working. And yes, AnyCity DOES display the weather on the lockscreen, you have to SSH into your iPhone to set the City, that video should help you on that. (check out my lockscreen and homescreen)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by beeshabo; 10-19-2009 at 03:19 PM.

I like your home screen man. Is there a way for me to change the slider "text" only on the lock screen while keeping my slider icon the same? Anyways, Im not sure what the heck is going on with the wallpaper. It's just a simple camera roll pic. I dont have anything running that would conflict with it. The interesting thing is that the wallpaer is displayed on every page except the lock screen lol. Oh well not a big deal. Is there a different app I can try...maybe one thats free. I'll read up on SSH and go from there.

The slider text, no problem, I've attached a tutorial and the file you'll need for that

There must be something you're setting that is causing the blank/black screen on your lock screen. Tell me what you've downloaded and what you've set in WinterBoard and I'll try to trouble shoot it for you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

The programs I've downloaded are:
    - Backgrounder
    - OpenSSH
    - Winterboard
    - MobileSubstrate
    - Supreme Pref. 3.0
    - Ringtones3
    - SBSettings
    - Status Notifier
    - xsellize source
    - Firepainter Battery
    - Acoustic guitar sliders

In winterboard I havethe following checked: use wallpaper, firepainter battery and acoustic guitar sliders. That's it.

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    11. xSellize allows you to download cracked versions of those paid apps, so there shouldn't be any price or trial times on those apps.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

PIN/ID
    neorabid
    you should add that hackulo.us source
    http://cydia.hackulo.us - disregard the popup that it gives you.
    Last edited by neorabid; 10-19-2009 at 05:33 PM.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.

PIN/ID
    neorabid
    9. Restart your computer, I had the same problems until I restarted my computer and then it went flawless.
    Quotes to live by:

cjeezy - If that's all you have selected in WinterBoard, then I don't know why your Lockscreen is changing. Try installing that AnyCity Weather theme, there's instructions on the download page on how to get it working, it also lists other recommended packages that work well with it (Notifier, 20sec LockScreen etc.), it might just fix your issue.

NOTE: But IF you do install AnyCity Weather along with it's listed/recommended apps, un-install 'Status Notifier", because it might conflict with Notifier.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast