Do you think or how long will it be to jailbreak the new os 3.1? ... iPhone Jailbreaking forum

partycove no está en línea Stack Pro

Jailbreaken

Advertisement

Do you think or how long will it be to jailbreak the new os 3.1?
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Well, I'm sure it's in the works as we speak....and the tool for Jailbreaking is usually out within a couple of weeks of the OS (3.1) release. But as far as the 'time' it takes to Jailbreak, well that doesn't take long at all (30 min or so...I think) unless the process changes dramatically (doubtful).

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Ditto, yep, I'm sure it's in the works already. I do know that I won't upgrade until it is jailbreakable. There are just way to many options and possiblities with a jailbroken iPhone to not keep it that way.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16

calm_tiger - I have an iPod touch that I've jailbroken (since 2.0 firmware) and I jailbreak it after EVERY update. I too love the capabilities, but for some reason, I can't get myself to do it my 3GS (my first iPhone).

When you Jailbreak, do you have to enter all your contacts in again? I mean, is it a real pain to get it all back the way it was before you did the Jailbreak?? I'd like to know...because that's what discourages me, the iPod is easy since I just use it for downloading vids and music.

Thanks!

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    as long as you sync first you dont have to do anything when you jailbreak. All your contacts, apps, music, etc... will be there when you sync again.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

neorabid - Sync First? as in before I begin the Jailbreak? Really? If that's the case, then...I might just Jailbreak once it's available for 3.1

Thanks!!!

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    yeah all jailbreaking does is make it to where you can more access to the phone, it doesn't change anything with the syncing process.

Sync before you jailbreak and then sync afterwards, you'll be just fine!
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

AWESOME!! Now to wait for 3.1 and a 3.1 Jailbreak

Thanks neo

partycove no está en línea Stack Pro
    Thx that is very good info

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Yeah, it's always the smart thing to sync and then do a back up before you jailbreak. It's paramount. I, too, was a little timid about jailbreaking my 3GS, but just remember it's just a 3G on steroids with more memory . I've jailbroken it with redsnow and haven't had any problems. As far as contacts go you don't loose any data when you jailbreak. Data is only lost when you update your OS which is why a sync and back up is so important before doing either.

clam_tiger - Thanx a lot! I feel reassured

I'm DEFINITELY doing this now...my cousin has a the 3G, and his is all hooked up, I was drooling over his iPhone and I have the 3GS. He had an awesome theme, the unlock sound was the sound of a Transformer (transforming), he had a video background, it was nuts!! I have my iPod Touch pretty hooked up as well, but a pimped out iPhone 3GS would be too cool to have