Here is a video demoing two 3GS iPhones. One has been Jailbroken and one has ... iPhone Jailbreaking forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Jailbreak vs Non-Jailbreak Speed

Advertisement

Here is a video demoing two 3GS iPhones. One has been Jailbroken and one has not.

See for yourself, does Jailbreaking slow down the iPhone?
    Last edited by cherrichiodo; 07-09-2009 at 04:02 PM. Reason: embedded youtube vid

WrldMndNova no está en línea Stack level 2
    Guess not. Looks good to me.
    -Whoda-
    -Techie; Secret Hippie-

gorcorps no está en línea Stack level 3
    Jailbreaking on it's own shouldn't slow down the iphone, so whoever thinks so just doesn't understand what the jailbreak does. It's certain apps and such that would have an effect. There have been a few apps I used that slowed things down but not really too bad.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    No, but the screen looks dimmer.

piccopower no está en línea Stack level 3
    [quote=gorcorps;1170147]Jailbreaking on it's own shouldn't slow down the iphone, so whoever thinks so just doesn't understand what the jailbreak does. It's certain apps and such that would have an effect. There have been a few apps I used that slowed things down but not really too bad.[/quote

um i dont know since my iphone is unlocked, but does that slow it down?
    with the new firmwear my pic messaging is really slow.... im talking a few minutes to send 2 pics and atleast a minute to send one picture...is this do to having a unlocked phone?

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Sounds like the slow down is from the size or file size of the pictures your sending and also the connection your using when sending the pictures.

File size and connection speed will make a difference when sending files that are larger.

gorcorps no está en línea Stack level 3
    About the pic messaging... I don't think that was fully initialized yet. AT&T has yet to enable MMS service for the iphone I thought, and using MMS on any other network won't work as intended as things just work differently on different networks.

Also, what do you mean 'with the new firmware my pic messaging is really slow' piccopower? This is the first iphone firmware that's allowed picture messaging so you shouldn't have anything to compare it to to know if it's slower or faster than 'normal'.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Maybe he's sending it in an email?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

piccopower no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by gorcorps View Post
    About the pic messaging... I don't think that was fully initialized yet. AT&T has yet to enable MMS service for the iphone I thought, and using MMS on any other network won't work as intended as things just work differently on different networks.

Also, what do you mean 'with the new firmware my pic messaging is really slow' piccopower? This is the first iphone firmware that's allowed picture messaging so you shouldn't have anything to compare it to to know if it's slower or faster than 'normal'.
    I mean with 3.0. Yes I have nothing to compare except for other phones. Ok just wondering also.
    My email pics go just fine.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~