Hey guys--if this isn't the right place for this please just delete the thread, but ... iPhone Jailbreaking forum

aiyssa no está en línea Stack level 2

ipod touch jailbreak without affecting iphone 4?

Advertisement

Hey guys--if this isn't the right place for this please just delete the thread, but I'm VERY new to jailbreaking (as in, i barely know what it is, but all the cool kids are doing it ) and I was wondering if I could jailbreak my ipod touch without affecting ANYTHING related to my new iphone 4.

probably a silly question, but... if i download the redsn0w software on my computer.. what exactly will it do when i plug in my iphone 4?

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    No your good. in my signature you will find a link to get ALL the tools you need to JB, your device. Just look at Firmware (OS) on link to match up Firmware on your device. There is also links for Firmware and instructional videos. Its very very easy if you can read. LOL You will need Redsnow9.6b6, the firmware that is on your device, and that firmware downloaded to your desktop to insert into redsnow.

I've made 2 videos below choose the one depending on the device you have.
    Watch Jailbreak iPhone 3G / 3GS (old bootrom), iPod Touch 2G(non MC) on 4.2.1
    Watch Jailbreak iPhone 4 / 3GS (new bootrom), iPod Touch 2G(MC), 3G, 4G & iPad on 4.2.1

here are the files needed for the jailbreak, DONT FORGET TO DOWNLOAD YOUR FIRMWARE TO DESKTOP!!!

I know it says 4.2 but its almost the same as on 4.1 minus one extra step.

Download Redsn0w 0.9.6b4 for Windows
    Download Redsn0w 0.9.6b4 for Mac
    Download Recboot

Good luck and God speed!

iLord is DEAD!

aiyssa no está en línea Stack level 2
    i cannot believe how easy that was. ipod is officially jailbroken! thanks sooner!

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    No problem. Now go search for repos to add into Cydia to get the good stuff.

iLord is DEAD!