Okay. My wife wanted an Iphone, I went and got it. (used) I tried looking ... iPhone Jailbreaking forum

cabron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2466A9E4

IPhone unlock help -Confused

Advertisement

Okay.

My wife wanted an Iphone, I went and got it. (used)
    I tried looking for an unlocked one but in the process I found an almost immaculate iphone 3g with over a year left of apple icare warranty.
    Sounds like a good deal huh?
    But it wasnt unlocked.
    Now, Im trying to understand this but i dont get it, at least completely.
    i am a BB user and have ugraded OS many times and what not, but this thing about unlocking and jailbreaking, an Iphone i am not familiar with.
    So this is what I know for now:
    Jailbreak = allows me to add any apps, not only "official ones" ????
    Version 3.1.2 = the version i have, wich appears to be my doom.
    baseband= no clue, but mine I believe is 05/07 (i left the phone at work ....)
    Apparently some basebands can be unlocked and some cant, which sucks.
    Itunes= A nightmare, it will upgrade your version, screwing your unlock or jailbreak.

So, can someone help me understand whats the order things go and what do I need to do to unlock this iphone?
    I need to figure out if I can unlock this version, in windows and if I need to maybe downgrade the version to 3.0 ? Is this possible?

I am with ATT but my wife is with TELCEL (Mexico).

Thanks!

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    In order to Unlock the Phone you first need to Jailbreak it. Here is a good site for Tudors to walk you thru each. Choose according to your device and computer platform. Link
    When connecting the Phone to iTunes for the first time remember to un-check auto sync. iTunes does not upgrade anything unless you click to do so.

cabron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2466A9E4
    i dont see any instructions in this link pertaining to the version and baseband i have, but thanks, may come in handy later.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I'm pretty sure you can and here is another link from the same location as the first.

Link

How to Find the Firmware and BaseBand of your iPhone

Or

Direct Link

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    To Jailbreak:
    http://blackra1n.com/blackra1n.exe
    save that file, connect your iphone to computer, run that program, now your jailbroken.

To Downgrade Baseband
    Open blackra1n on your iPhone install cydia, open cydia and search "fuzzyband", download/install fuzzyband, run it and if you are capable of downgrading it will downgrade it for your so that you can use ultrasn0w.
    Last edited by neorabid; 10-26-2009 at 07:45 PM.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

evo1725 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Fuzzyband don't work at all once you upgrade to 3.1.2
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    it will if you have bootloader 5.08, which most people dont.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.