Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hey everyone! So I've been jailbroken for a year now (I'm still running Version 4.1 ... iPhone Jailbreaking forum

cjeezy no está en línea Stack level 3

Need help re-jailbreaking my Iphone4

Advertisement

Hey everyone!

So I've been jailbroken for a year now (I'm still running Version 4.1 8B117). Anyways, due to some issues I'm having I need to restore my phone which Im assuming will update my firmware and remove my jailbreak. Can someone tell me if there is an untethered jailbreak out there for whatevever the newest firmware is?

Also, I do have my ID's saved on Cydia but im not sure how all that works so I don't know if that will help me out. What is the best way for me to go about re-jailbreaking?

Thanks in advance

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    As far as I know, the latest untethered jailbreak is for 4.3.3. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak-...sn0w-tutorial/

I think you can also still use the jailbreak.me hack straight from your Safari browser to jailbreak 4.3.3.

How do I restore to 4.3 if I'm on 4.1 now?

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    you need to have 4.3 loaded on your computer and point to it. don't update to the latest or you'll get 5.0.1 and you might have problems jailbreaking that one.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

It's been awhile, but I think you would just download the 4.3.3 iOS, then launch iTunes, go to the Summary tab, press and hold the Shift button, then click on Restore. Navigate to the 4.3.3 software and select it, then off you go.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    It's been awhile, but I think you would just download the 4.3.3 iOS, then launch iTunes, go to the Summary tab, press and hold the Shift button, then click on Restore. Navigate to the 4.3.3 software and select it, then off you go.
    yup...here is a link for 4.3.3 iphone gsm

http://appldnld.apple.com/iPhone4/04...2_Restore.ipsw

Ok thanks everyone. That shift-restore method sounds right...bringing back memories. Any recommendations where I can get 4.3.3? Or do I just do a google search?

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by cjeezy View Post
    Ok thanks everyone. That shift-restore method sounds right...bringing back memories. Any recommendations where I can get 4.3.3? Or do I just do a google search?

Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    Whoops sorry posted before I saw your link lol. Thanks for the help! Ill try the restore later tonight

Hmmm. I get an error when I try to restore (something like 3194). I tried modifying the host file to no avail. Unless anyone has any advice, I'll have to mess around with it later this week to see if I can figure it out.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    You can't restore to 4.3 through iTunes. Apple has stopped signing that version. You'll need to be jail broken before on 4.3.xx and have your blobs saved on your PC or Mac.

Ok so the weirdest thing happened. I tried restoring to 4.3 using tinyumbrella. The restore process looked like it was just about to finish when I received a "10 error." At that point my phone was stuck in recovery mode for about an hour despite numerous reboots and connecting back to iTunes. Well I said screw it, I'll just update to IOS 5. Well I connected back to iTunes and The recovery mode went aways and I was immediately restored back to 4.1 somehow.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Have you had 4.3 jailbroken before?

Jailbreak.me and greenpoison no longer work for my OS. Any ideas what I can use to rejailbreak?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast