Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

So I have an ipod touch 2nd generation (Non mc) I have tried jailbreaking my ... iPhone Jailbreaking forum

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5

Question Help I can't get my ipod to jailbreak

Advertisement

So I have an ipod touch 2nd generation (Non mc)

I have tried jailbreaking my ipod with blackra1n and redsn0w. I have no idea what I am doing wrong.

I downloaded the ipod software 1.3.2 and did everything in the tutorials i found online.

my ipod either gets stuck on a black blank screen after redsn0w says its finished and it has to wait for the ipod to reboot. One time I waited over 10 minutes and it still was a black blank screen.

other times my ipod gets stuck on the usb plug and itunes icons.

in both cases i have to do a hard reset to get my ipod back up and running and none of the times was cydia installed..

i literally have been at this for hours and hours, and i am beyond frustrated..

this is the 1st time i have tried jailbreaking and i did a ton of research and followed youtube videos exactley how they were portrayed numerous times.. i know i am not the only one who has experienced this problem and am just looking for someone to help me jailbreak this thing..
    ~Lauren

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Mac or PC methods?
    what version of OS is on the Touch now?

Im running windows XP.
    Version 3.1.3
    ~Lauren

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    Try Redsnow version 0.9.4.

Get your OS HERE

DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE OS WITH GOOGLE, DOWNLOAD IT USING FIREFOX, GOOGLE CHANGES THE FILES, AND THEY WONT WORK.

iLord is DEAD!

Thanks sooner but I tried using redsn0w using that same version.. and I also downloaded the OS from 2 different sources with the same results
    ~Lauren

And did it axcept that OS in Redsnow? I only ask cause Gooogles download fries it and Firefox, is the way to go.

iLord is DEAD!

Yeah it accepted it and it completely finished every time. The problem is that my screen is blank with the black back light on.. I never see the graphics of the jailbreak actually loading onto my ipod touch. I have to do a hard reset to get my ipod running again.

my computer says the jailbreak finished.. but my ipod doesn't actually reset and finish properly..
    Last edited by lauren25; 03-09-2010 at 04:15 PM.
    ~Lauren

You may be a non JB for a bit if you do that. Good luck

iLord is DEAD!

hmm.. yeah it sucks. Several people are experiencing this problem and they have tried little tweaks while doing this jail breaking process with success.. unfortunatelyi have tried everything i have read about with no success
    ~Lauren

I'll download firefox and download another OS to see if that works.. if not ill have to do more research..
    ~Lauren

To be Honest with you, I dont think their success to be all true. I think some people want you to believe they did it when in reality they did not. You can see the same thing all over the net with exact same posts, responses, methods, and they claim it works, but does it really, I dont think so. My opinion. It hasnt for me, only Blackrain. Good luck to you.

iLord is DEAD!

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Ok, is it me or what is this thread about Jailbreaking an IPod Touch or IPhone? Because the language here seems to be interchangeable, and if it is Jailbreaking an IPod Touch (what Benefits are there to that).

ipod touch
    ~Lauren

Quote Originally Posted by DjSmooth View Post
    Ok, is it me or what is this thread about Jailbreaking an IPod Touch or IPhone

I believe it its an iPod.

iLord is DEAD!

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by lauren25 View Post
    Yeah it accepted it and it completely finished every time. The problem is that my screen is blank with the black back light on.. I never see the graphics of the jailbreak actually loading onto my ipod touch. I have to do a hard reset to get my phone running again.

my computer says the jailbreak finished.. but my ipod doesn't actually reset and finish properly..
    So now which is it that is to be jailbreak?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast