Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SOURCE UltraSn0w is finaly out and you can currently use it to unlock the iPhone ... iPhone Jailbreaking forum

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional

Hacker release Unlock for 3G and 3GS on 4.2.1 UltraSn0w 1.2

Advertisement

SOURCE

UltraSn0w is finaly out and you can currently use it to unlock the iPhone 3G / 3GS on iOS 4.2.1. This guide will help guide you in the process of unlocking the iPhone 3G / 3GS on iOS 4.2.1 with baseband 06.15.00 with ultrasn0w. The instructions can be found below:

IMPORTANT:

• Your iPhone 3GS or iPhone 3G must already be jailbroken.
    • For baseband 05.14 or 05.15 your need to update your baseband to 06.15.00. A step by step guide has been posted BELOW.
    • This UltraSn0w update can unlock baseband 05.13.04 or older too.

NOTE:

This is NOT for iPhone 4 users. iPhone 4 unlock will take some more time.

How To Update iPhone 3G / 3GS Baseband to 06.15.00 With PwnageTool 4.1.3:

Steps 1:

Download the stuff linked below:

Step 2:

Open the downloaded PwnageTool.dmg and copy the PwnageTool.app to your desktop/any folder and execute it from there. Hit the OK button.
    Step 3:

Now select Expert Mode from the top left side of the window.
    Select your iDevice and hit the Next button.
    Step 4:

Now hit the Browse for IPSW button and select iOS 4.2.1/4.1 firmware for your device (downloaded from Step 1).
    At this point, you will be asked if you want to update your baseband to 06.15.00. If you are on 05.14, 05.15, or later and depend on the unlock, hit the OK button. If you do NOT need the unlock, hit No. (Again, we strongly recommend that you read the warning above AND read this carefully before deciding to upgrade your baseband.)
    If you previously hit Yes, PwnageTool will once again ask you to Browse for IPSW. This time, select the iPad iOS 3.2.2 IPSW (downloaded from Step 1).
    Step 5:

On next screen, Select General and hit the Next arrow button.
    Step 6:

Select Activate the phone option if you’re on unofficial carrier.
    Note: Do NOT select Activate the phone option if you’re on an official carrier ie. AT&T.
    Step 7:

Keep hitting Next button until you’re back to the same screen where you selected General, and now Select the Build Option and hit Next.
    PwnageTool will prompt you to select a destination folder to save custom iOS 4.2.1/4.1. Save it to an easy to access location.
    PwnageTool then start to build your Custom IPSW.
    During the build process it’ll prompt you for your admin password. Put it in and hit OK.
    It will then ask you if your iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4 has been Pwned before. Hit No for a more thorough restore.
    Step 8:

Once the custom IPSW has been built, PwnageTool will ask you to connect your iDevice to your computer. Once your device is detected, you’ll be instructed to put your iDevice into DFU mode. This can be done by pressing and holding the power + home buttons for 10 seconds, then releasing the power button but continuing to hold the home button for 10 seconds.
    Once the iPhone/iPod Touch is in DFU mode, the follow popup message will appear. (iTunes will also pop-up)
    Step 9:

In iTunes, hold the Alt/Option key and hit Restore. From the popup window, browse to the Folder where you saved custom iOS 4.2./4.1 and select you custom .ipsw file that you just created and click Open Button. (Make sure you’re selecting custom firmware, NOT the official one.)
    iTunes will now restore the firmware on your iPhone. This can take up to 10 minutes. When it is done though, you will have successfully jailbroken your iPhone 3G / 3GS to iOS 4.2.1 / 4.1 with an updated baseband 05.15.00 with PwnageTool 4.1.3. Now your iPhone is ready to be unlocked and you can follow our step-by-step guide on [How To] Unlock iPhone 3G / 3GS On iOS 4.2.1 With UltraSn0w 1.2.

iLord is DEAD!

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Good update sooner!
    I have the iPhone 4 and used redsn0w to jailbreak via tethered start up. I don't even know why I updated at this point because it wasn't beneficial to me.
    Oh well, what';s done is done.

PS - I used your advice in a post from another thread for instructions on how to jailbreak. Thanks again!

I take it that I helped? Last nite I had to restore and Apple let me use 4.1.2. With no errors. I was shocked they let me. Not like I wudnt have any someday or another.

iLord is DEAD!

PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    You for sure helped!
    You're lucky you got to use 4.1.2, I don't mind 4.2 at all, but I didn't need to and I had a lot of things downloaded when I was jailbroken on 4.1
    I still have everything now but through the tethered option

Well good deal.

I wudnt upate any more for awhile. I hear that an unlock past 4.2 on iPhone 4 maybe a long time away. Like a year. So try and preserve what you can. It's only gonna get harder till Crapple says snuff is snuff and gives in or really starts sinkin money into an non jailbreakable device.

iLord is DEAD!

smooth~

have you tried to install 4.1.2 manually? by the method of shift restore? I did Sunday and it accepted it with no errors even tho they said 4.2 was available. Apple still at that time was signing it. Just get it from my signature. If you do get an error use recboot.

iLord is DEAD!

PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Quote Originally Posted by sooner View Post
    smooth~

have you tried to install 4.1.2 manually? by the method of shift restore? I did Sunday and it accepted it with no errors even tho they said 4.2 was available. Apple still at that time was signing it. Just get it from my signature. If you do get an error use recboot.
    No I haven't tried. I'll get the info from you and try it I guess. It's worth a shot. I hope the instructions are there on how to shift restore because I don't really know what that is

smooth~

I dont know if Apple is still signing that OS without erorrs now. That was Sunday and this is now Thursday. Its up too you. I personaly enjoy finding new tools and using them to see just for myself what they can do, and what its really gonna take for me to get out of a bind.

But if you want to try. Id start with, downloading.

redsnow 9.6
    OS 4.1.2
    recboot
    iTunes 10

And if you want to preserve you baseband or add custom cooked OS then you will need. Snowbreeze 2.1

Snowbreeze if fairly simple and walk thru the park. If you can read and follow directions, you should be OK.

Shift Restore~ Plug phone in USB to PC open iTunes, Do Not Update! Press shift on PC and restore on iTunes, at the same time. Then browse on desktop for the OS you want, that you have already downloaded.
    Last edited by sooner; 12-02-2010 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Forgot to explain to smooth what shift restore was

iLord is DEAD!

PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Hey sooner,

I think I'm out of luck, I'm getting error messages after it verifies with Apple. Oh well I'll be running in tethered mode from now on!

Thats when you use RecBoot bro.

Quote Originally Posted by smooth10 View Post
    Hey sooner,

I think I'm out of luck, I'm getting error messages after it verifies with Apple. Oh well I'll be running in tethered mode from now on!

iLord is DEAD!

PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Even with RecBoot it doesn't work. I put my phone into recovery mode, and when Apple tells my to restore it, I shift+restore and choose the 4.1.2 OS. After verifying, it says that my phone isn't eligible for the requested build

smooth~

I just updated to 4.2 then restored back to 4.1 got error 1016 I think? Then run RecBoot, close itunes, Run RecBoot again, open Itunes to let it finish the sync that got interupted. be patient and there you go.

I just did it TODAY!!! WORKED

iLord is DEAD!

PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    REALLY? Why am I struggling then? I wonder what I'm doing wrong?

IDK, but I am doing it as we speak, did you run recboot and see on ur phone connect to itunes? And itunes has that error?>

iLord is DEAD!

PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    I'm doing everything possible for the last hour. I run recboot, it shows to connect phone to itunes, but once I shift restore and choose 4.1, it says it's verifying and then gives me the same error I said above.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast