It seems that when using Glasklart, the name of the app determines whether the icon ... iPhone Jailbreaking forum

cjeezy no está en línea Stack level 3

Glasklart icons

Advertisement

It seems that when using Glasklart, the name of the app determines whether the icon is clear or not. Does anyone know if there is a list of what "names" will generate a clear icon? The reason I ask is because I use the Categories app so I need to name folders at times.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    The icon needs to be the exact same name as the app. Upper or lower case.

Icon name must match app name.

Which icon do u need I probably have it made already?

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

I'm referring more toward the folders that I put the apps in. For example, I have a folder labeled "sports" however it is not clear.

How do you make an app clear? For example iheartradio and CBS sportsline are not clear

Last edited by cjeezy; 12-12-2009 at 07:49 PM.

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    they probably dont have an icon made for them in the icons folder of the theme.

like steve said you have to match up the names EXACTLY if the app is named iheartradio you cant name it IHeartRadio or any variation other than the original name. its case sensitive

as for giving categories special icons I assume if you put them into the categories app icon folder you can use it, not sure if a theme will replace category folders.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I have seen the categories icon change to a themed icon on a theme I had used. I suppose it is up to the theme maker.

PIN/ID
    neorabid
    I installed categories again to test it and all you have to do to use different icons is to rename whatever icon as the same name as the folder. Just remember case sensitive

Quote Originally Posted by neorabid View Post
    they probably dont have an icon made for them in the icons folder of the theme.

like steve said you have to match up the names EXACTLY if the app is named iheartradio you cant name it IHeartRadio or any variation other than the original name. its case sensitive

as for giving categories special icons I assume if you put them into the categories app icon folder you can use it, not sure if a theme will replace category folders.
    What am I re-naming iheartradio...the actual categories folder that I have it located in or something else?

PIN/ID
    neorabid
    whatever application or folder you want to change icons for your making a picture file and naming it the exact same thing as the folder/application.

you place the image in this folder:
    /var/stash/themes/glaskart/icons

if you want to change the icon for iheartradio you get an image file and rename it: iheartradio.png

Examples of Case sensitivity:
    ebay = eBay.png
    app store = App Store.png
    messages = Messages.png
    ipod = iPod.png

The way you see it displayed on your springboard is the way the filename needs to be named.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Great tips! I went in via ifile and renamed the icon (case sensitive) as you mentioned and then reset my spring board and the icon in question became clear! just too bad you will have to find images for some I guess?