My phones been sync'd to my home pc. Today at work I started swaptunes for ... iPhone Jailbreaking forum

cjeezy no está en línea Stack level 3

Getting swaptunes to work?

Advertisement

My phones been sync'd to my home pc. Today at work I started swaptunes for the first time and sync'd it with my laptop. Well I must have done something wrong because after the sync half my apps were gone and all my music was erased lol. Of course I easily downloaded the apps again and got everything back except my music that's saved on my home pc. I'd hate to sync at home just to lose things again. I have a question, when I select the swaptunes app is it suppose to bring up another screen? Mine just crashes to the homescreen. How do I use this thing to get my music back?
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    cjeezy - I've never used SwapTunes, not exactly sure how it works, HERE is a video on how to use SwapTunes. NOTE: The video is kinda old, but it may give you some insight to what you may have done wrong....hope this helps!

cjeezy no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'll check that out. Is there a way to SSH music?

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    yep same way you SSH everything else, only thing is it wont be named all nice and pretty itunes uses a filing system that it stores music under names like BDJK.mp3 & GZET.m4a and stores them in folders starting with F00 and so on.

File Directory for music on iPhone is:
    /var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control/Music
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

hyphen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30BCDAA6

try this way out

Quote Originally Posted by neorabid View Post
    yep same way you SSH everything else, only thing is it wont be named all nice and pretty itunes uses a filing system that it stores music under names like BDJK.mp3 & GZET.m4a and stores them in folders starting with F00 and so on.

File Directory for music on iPhone is:
    /var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control/Music
    thats too complicated for my lil brain this is what i do works fine

Trick the library One option is to trick your iPhone into thinking that it's connecting with the same library on both computers.

The easiest way to do this on two Macs is to copy the files
    • iTunes Music Library.xml
    • "iTunes Library"
    from /Users/[your username]/Music on the Mac your iPhone is synced with to the same folder on the secondary Mac (the one on which the music is greyed out).

On two Windows systems, copy the files
    • tt>iTunes Music Library.xml
    • iTunes Library.itl
    from \Documents and Settings\[your username]\My Documents\My Music\ under Windows XP or 2000, or \Users\[your username]\Music\ under Windows Vista on the primary synced machine to the respective (same-named) folders on the secondary systems.
    This is a simple fix that works for many users, but it can cause other issues down the road. If you run into any issus after applying this procedure, you can rebuild your iTunes library via the instructions in this article.

here is the full article link http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19512_7-10142345-233.html

MAKE SURE YOU CLOSE ITUNES WHILE YOU DO THIS AND ALSO AFTER THE MOD IS DONE YOU WILL HAVE TO UPDATE YOU ITUNES LIBRARY AGAIN
    Last edited by hyphen; 11-05-2009 at 07:42 PM.
    how vain it is for me to sit down and write when alot of you yahoo's never stood up to live ps give thanks when ur helped if you dont ur the yahoo i talk about... sorta