Hey all, just was cruising through the app store and found Docs to Go! BB ... iPhone Jailbreaking forum

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A

Docs To Go on iPhone too!

Advertisement

Hey all, just was cruising through the app store and found Docs to Go! BB converts and users will tell you Docs to Go is a great little app for editing MS Word, Excell and even Powerpoint files. The basic version comes free on all BlackBerrys running OS 4.5 or later. Now the iPhone version isn't free, but if you're just a personal user you can pick it up under the productivity category for $5.99 (Australian).

There is an enterprise version for $12.99 as well. Don't think it's quite up to speed with it's BB platform counterpart, but I'm just happy to see it exhists!

Will buy the app soon and if no one has posted a review by then I'll offer up what I can.
    I have two very rare photographs. One is a picture of Houdini locking his keys in his car........

Tate002 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I purchased this app. I'm use to editing docs from my blackberry bold. I'm not sure how to do that with the iPhone. Also I could send docs to my phone too and open then edit. Is that possible from the iPhone?
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    If you have the Desktop App as well you can sync between your PC and iPhone, they have to use WiFi though, no USB. I haven't really had a chance to send myself any Docs as attachments to see if I can edit, but will post back with what I find.

EDIT: Can't Download Attachments on iPhone so can't get the files sent to you to edit. Saw some app available to DL attachments, not sure if the phone needs to be jailbroken or not though, and I bet it won't let you import the file to D2G. So it looks like only Desktop Syncing or Creating on the phone is available. That sucks but I don't really require the option myself.

If anyone else has the app please post what you think of it, I'm flat out at work this week so doubt I'll get around to reviewing it properly just yet.

UPDATE: Found out you need the "With Exchange Attachments" version to edit any Docs you get sent via email. The getting started Wizard say MS Exchange emails specifically so I imagine it's Corporate email only at this stage. There are the guys that would really NEED the feature so at least they have it available. Just a little disappointed that it's not as functional as the Free BB version at least. It's still early though, here's hoping they make it happen in the next upgrade! (right along with editing Excell and PPT files... can still only view at this stage, lol!)
    Last edited by ted; 09-29-2009 at 05:29 AM.
    I have two very rare photographs. One is a picture of Houdini locking his keys in his car........