this list would have saved me a few hrs but i learned how to restart ... iPhone Jailbreaking forum

hyphen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30BCDAA6

Lightbulb Cydia for iPhone OS 3.0 issues

Advertisement

this list would have saved me a few hrs but i learned how to restart my phone when its froze now...

Here is a list of Cydia softwares that work and do not work on iPhone 3.0 beta

Ones that work:
    - SSH + SSL
    - MakeItMine
    - MXTube
    - dTunes
    - xGPS
    - BossTool
    - Poof
    - Catergories
    - Liveclock
    - 5 row springboard
    - Swap Tunes
    - xGPS
    - SysInfoPlus
    - PowerTool
    - Flashlight
    - AppFlow
    - CyDelete
    - Reflective Dock – This will install Mobile Substrate and break your itunes.app
    - Fontswap
    - Weathericon
    - ToggleSSH
    - MemTool
    - iFile
    - CallMe
    - Respring – Must Have
    - GriP (growl for iphone)
    - xdrive

Cydia Software that doesn’t work on iPhone 3.0:

- Winterboard and SBS
    - Backgrounder
    - Boss Prefs
    - 5 icon dock
    - Cycorder
    - qik
    - video recorder 3.0
    - snapture
    - HP Calculator
    - Cyntact
    - QuickGold
    Last edited by hyphen; 06-21-2009 at 06:35 AM.
    how vain it is for me to sit down and write when alot of you yahoo's never stood up to live ps give thanks when ur helped if you dont ur the yahoo i talk about... sorta

punisher4000 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I was able to unlock and jailbreak mine and the 1st thing i noticed was that the apple icon stayed the same no pineapple logo , then cydia works just fine and the apps you listed as not working work but at times i have a long delay when i try to go to home. I can press home 4-5 times before it catches up and sometimes it just hangs and i have to reset it. video recorder works perfect and the dock as well winterboard as well but like i said the delay is a killer. when i synced it told me it didnt recognize my info and wanted to wipe the phone. i ended up wiping it the aptget backup file didnt take and i was stuck with a funky iphone.

punisher4000 no está en línea Stack level 1
    id like to wipe it thru the password feature and start over from fresh what do you think im lost man

sjb4 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Sadly, the Cydia apps that I use the most (Winterboard, Backgrounder, Boss Prefs, video recorder, snapture) are all on the don't work list. I miss my custom themes and other stuff I had with 2.2.1, but I'm not wasting my time jailbreaking until these get fixed.

gorcorps no está en línea Stack level 3
    You may need to do some testing again, because I'm running 3.0 and winterboard, backgrounder, 5 icon dock, and SBSettings work fine.

Backgrounder has a separate app for 3.0 though, and you have to make sure you download the right one. It also doesn't work as well as the old app because 3.0 breaks a lot of the features. It does work(ish) though when you use the right version.

Winterboard works 100% fine, but you have to understand that apple changed quite a bit of the theme paths and where images are stored, so the themes you download might not work right because they're using the old paths. It's not winterboard that's broken, you're just using themes built for 2.2.1 and things changed enough in 3.0 that they won't work right.

Five Icon Dock worked 100% perfectly for me right away. I'm not sure what happened to make you think it doesn't work, but it works fine.

I don't use BossPrefs, but I know SBSettings works fine so maybe use that for now?

takadante no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24B2C963
    Winterboard, backgrounder, Cyntact, and SbSettings work on 3.0 and 3.0.1 as of now.

dspeclst no está en línea Stack level 2
    Does anyone know where I can find ultrasnow? Having problems jailbreaking phone. I'm unable to get redsnow to work as well. Any ideas would help.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by dspeclst View Post
    Does anyone know where I can find ultrasnow? Having problems jailbreaking phone. I'm unable to get redsnow to work as well. Any ideas would help.
    You will need redsn0w v0.8 for your jailbreak. And as far as ultrasnow goes try hear for a vast source of knowledge and links:

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/