Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Nuther quick one here guys... I need to figure how to get rid of ALL ... iPhone Jailbreaking forum

illusiveongaku7 no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Nuther quick one here guys...

I need to figure how to get rid of ALL of the SMS tones or replace 'em... I hate every one of em... LOL!!

Now I know these are .caf files so I need a converter from .mp3 or .wav to .caf
    (P.S. My iTunes does NOT do this nor can I get Audacity to work, as I've browsed the 'net and tried both of these...)

I've also been reading up on something bout changing it to .aiff and then to .caf, but I don't have an option just to "change the extension" - as internally it keeps it as an .aiff

Much help would be appreciated!
    Thanks again!!!

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    illusive - Sorry your post hasn't been answered.

- To change your SMS tones
    Navigate to System/Library/Audio/UISounds, you'll see them there

sms-received1.caf
    sms-received2.caf
    sms-received3.caf
    sms-received4.caf
    sms-received5.caf
    sms-received6.caf

You can either replace those, or make a WinterBoard theme to give yourself a quick easy way to revert back to the old ones
    (if you ever want to)

- To make it available in WinterBoard
    1) Make a folder (ex. Ringtones) and name it whatever you want.
    2) Inside that folder, make a sub-folder and name it "UISounds" (case sensitive, do NOT use the quotations)
    3) Place your ringtones in the UISounds (they must be named as above sms-received1.caf, etc)
    4) Put the entire Folder (ex. Ringtones) into Private/var/Stash/Themes
    5) Got to WinterBoard, select your folder (ex. Ringtones), let it respring, and that's it.

You can convert the file to .aiff (ex. MP3 -.aiff) and just rename the file extension to .caf - Your computer will warn you that changing the file extension can render the file unusable, but go ahead and do it, it works.

If you need a converter, you can get one HERE

beeshabo - will try that with iFunBox here a bit later...

On a diff. note... with changing the file from .mp3 to .aiff... I do NOT have an option to rename the EXTENSION... just the file NAME. If I go to RENAME it just changes the name, not the extension and if I go to PROPERTIES, it says what kind of extension it is, but that I cannot change it. My desktop that I'm doing all my iPhone changes with is Win. XP.

See the screencap below...

illusive - On your comp. go to your Control Panel>Folder Options>View: Make sure "Hide extensions for known file types" is UN-CHECKED and you'll be good to go

EDIT: Don't change a .mp3 to a .aiff, you need to CONVERT it first to an .aiff, and from there, you CAN rename the .aiff to a .caf and it'll work fine.
    Last edited by beeshabo; 12-21-2009 at 04:18 PM.

beeshabo -

Was able to change my extensions... I did your above instructions...

Also the extensions you gave up above... how do I know how to activate which sound file for which option:

You posted:
    sms-received1.caf
    sms-received2.caf
    sms-received3.caf
    sms-received4.caf
    sms-received5.caf
    sms-received6.caf

...so which one is for outgoing SMS or incoming SMS or voicemail, etc?!...

Basically copied my Super Mario bros sounds into a diff folder, then renamed the sounds to what what I wanted for each option and now everythings just silent... LOL! I'm trying to change my outgoing SMS sounds & my incoming SMS sounds...

Knowing what the names are for each of the items would be nice too...
    ex: the file name for "outgoing mail" | "incoming mail" | "outgoing SMS" | "incoming SMS" | "key clicks" | etc...

Sigh... what a pain... =(

Heres a screen shot if it helps...

Files I imported into a new folder for my SMS changes:

What's in my original sound files for my Super Mario Bros:
    Last edited by illusiveongaku7; 12-21-2009 at 05:17 PM.

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    our you can just use anyring its sooooo much easier, just add the beyouriphone repo http://repo.beyouriphone.com and download the free version, you can make your own and dont have to do any file editing or converting.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

Thanks neorabid! =)
    Will check that out when I get a chance...

Would still like to know how to do my own customizing tho if anyone can help with that.

illusive - yeah, neo's suggestion would probably be the easiest But, it doesn't hurt to learn the hard way LOL

As for the other sounds, just look in the UISounds folder, they're all pretty self explanatory

ReceivedMessage.caf
    SentMessage.caf
    mail-sent.caf

See, pretty easy! And if you have iFile, you should be able to navigate to the folder and actually play the .caf files to know what they are exactly.

As for the customizing, What do you wanna customize?

As far as Customizing...

Well I have a program where I can snippet song 'n' such to the sizes needed for SMS tones, I just need to know what the name the files so they do specific things. Like what to name the file if I want it to ring for a "SMS text tone" and when I make the 2nd, 3rd, 4th & so on files... what to name those so they ring for specific things like voicemail alert or outgoing text alert...

Basically if I knew the exact names of the outgoing, incoming, voicemail, etc... names, I could do the rest I think as far as creating a file, posting it in winterboard then activating it... I just don't know the file names to give my text tones.

Thats all... for now... LOL!

LOL illusive - I don't think I get you, I told you that the files are RIGHT THERE in the UISounds folder, they're pretty easy to read and understand...they HAVE TO be named the SAME.

For example:
    new-mail.caf = NEW MAIL
    mail-sent.caf = MAIL SENT
    ReceivedMessage.caf = NEW TEXT MESSAGE (when sms app is opened)
    SentMessage.caf = TEXT MESSAGE SENT (when sms app is opened)
    Voicemail.caf = NEW VOICEMAIL

You can either replace each of those with your custom tone, or you can make them as a WinterBoard option, but that would have to be done as I described in my previous how-to post. You can make as many as you want, but you can only use one at a time (of course).

Do you know what I mean?

If you wanna change the sms tones....they're named like this (below). Just follow my how-to and you can make a custom sms tone for each.

sms-received1.caf = Tri-Tone
    sms-received2.caf = Chime
    sms-received3.caf = Glass
    sms-received4.caf = Horn
    sms-received5.caf = Bell
    sms-received6.caf = Electronic

It's VERY easy.

Example of a custom ringtone setup for WinterBoard

Folder 1 = My Ringtone
    Folder 2 = UISounds

Then just put your ringtone(s) in the UISounds folder.

You can make all 6 and place them ALL in that folder...just make sure they're named EXACTLY as they are above.

Then when you go into Settings>Sounds>New Text Message, choose one and it'll play your custom tone.

I understand what you're saying... just didn't know all the names for this part:

new-mail.caf = NEW MAIL
    mail-sent.caf = MAIL SENT
    ReceivedMessage.caf = NEW TEXT MESSAGE (when sms app is opened)
    SentMessage.caf = TEXT MESSAGE SENT (when sms app is opened)
    Voicemail.caf = NEW VOICEMAIL

See how some of 'em have a dash in em... just wasn't sure their exact names so I knew what to name 'em...'

Oh yea... here's the screen shots I promised... of what I've done so far... the images kinda suck but ya'll get the idea... LOL!
    {ya like how it's in the TWENTIES where I live?!... LOL!!}
    Last edited by illusiveongaku7; 12-21-2009 at 09:06 PM.

Alright... tried what you stated with the sms tones... with this part:

sms-received1.caf = Tri-Tone
    sms-received2.caf = Chime
    sms-received3.caf = Glass
    sms-received4.caf = Horn
    sms-received5.caf = Bell
    sms-received6.caf = Electronic

I made a new folder.
    Put the UISounds folder in that folder.
    Made 6 new ringtones in .aiff and changed to .caf
    Refreshed i-FunBox...
    Selected folder in Winterboard...

I also tried to get the names from my ORIGINAL Super Mario Bros sounds, write them all down, make new tones & label them as how they were in my Super Mario Bros packet and then re-do the above steps and nothing...

RESULTS: ...doesn't work... =( ...so frustrated...
    Last edited by illusiveongaku7; 12-21-2009 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by neorabid View Post
    our you can just use anyring its sooooo much easier, just add the beyouriphone repo http://repo.beyouriphone.com and download the free version, you can make your own and dont have to do any file editing or converting.

Woah... I didn't realize this was all in a different language than English... lol... not really any help... =(

Nevermind.... finally got the sms-received1.caf ringtone changes to work...
    Just trying to figure out the other part...

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    Quote Originally Posted by illusiveongaku7 View Post
    Woah... I didn't realize this was all in a different language than English... lol... not really any help... =(
    How hard is it to read AnyRing off of there repo??? its the 3rd one down on the beyoip apps section, the apps are in english dont worry
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast