Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Nuther ? I have is in DiskAid... I found where my themes are stored and ... iPhone Jailbreaking forum

illusiveongaku7 no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Nuther ? I have is in DiskAid...

I found where my themes are stored and the .png files.
    I altered a few of the colors and things on my bars or dialer screen 'n' such...
    I go to save OVER the original file create (NOT a new file name) and then try to reload it in Winterboard and NOTHING CHANGES.
    I've also tried to restart the phone...

Something I'm missing?!

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    respring and it will work
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

PIN/ID
    neorabid
    Quote Originally Posted by beeshabo View Post
    neo - Wait, don't you NEED SSH (installed) to access your root files in both iFunBox and iFile? Or am I mistaken?
    Nope, just need to be jailbroken with afc2add installed. no SSH needed
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.

PIN/ID
    neorabid
    Quote Originally Posted by illusiveongaku7 View Post
    - - - Few Other ?'s:
    Can I use Summerboard Themes on Winterboard?!

(following are categories in Cydia...)
    What are "Icy" Themes?
    What are "PogoPlank" Themes
    What are "SBSettings" Themes?
    What are "SpringBoard" Themes?
    Whats are (and the difference between) the "Video" and the "Videos" Themes?!

Thanks for all the help everyone... I'm able to enjoy my iPhone a LOT more now! LOL!!
    Icy is an alternative to cydia - you need not download any of these
    PogoPlank is a complete replacement of the springboard, unless you have it installed you cant use them.
    SBSettings is an app that allows for quick toggles, if you dont have it get it! its free and oneof the best tools you will use.
    Springboard is the app that runs your screen and apps - you can download these
    Quotes to live by:

Thanks neorabid! =)

...what do you mean by "respring"... when changing colors & looks with these already made templates in DiskAid... somehow they don't take affect on the iPhone with a restart of Winterboard or the phone itself. Somehow when I plug my iPhone back into my PC and restart DiskAid, the ORIGINAL looks of the caller screen, or whatever it was I modified, changes back to its original format even though I RE-SAVED OVER the original files... still confused about that. =(

And what exactly is "afc2add" and why would I need it?!

Thanks so much! =)

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Quote Originally Posted by neorabid View Post
    Nope, just need to be jailbroken with afc2add installed. no SSH needed
    SWEET! Thanks

cjeezy no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by beeshabo View Post
    neo - Wait, don't you NEED SSH (installed) to access your root files in both iFunBox and iFile? Or am I mistaken?
    I don't use SSH (its not even installed on my phone) and I'm able to access the same files with IFunbox and iFile.

cjeezy no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by illusiveongaku7 View Post
    Thanks neorabid! =)

And what exactly is "afc2add" and why would I need it?!

Thanks so much! =)

"afc2add" allows iFunbox to see your phone as "jailbroken." If you don't install it iFunbox will not allow you to access all of the folders like if you were using SSH.

The way I've understood it, Mobile Substrate is sort of like fail safe program that prevents your phone from completely crashing. If you have mobile substrate installed and your phone does crash, typically a simple reboot corrects the problem.

Thanks cjeezy! ...still kinda confused by all this tho...

...Still wondering what I can do with DiskAid... I've tried manipulating current installs such as the battery screen, SMS, or the dialer and saving OVER the existing file & no luck with the changes sticking...

Still also wondering how to actually MAKE MY OWN battery screens, SMS screens, dialer, change button colors, etc... customize it more to MY LIKING instead of just downloading other's creations.

illusiveongaku7 - The BEST way to learn how to customize things is to actually download a theme (off Cydia), whatever it may be, a Dialer, Slider, Battery, Icons & Sounds (whatever). Once you download it, SSH (iFunbox it) into your iPhone and navigate to: Private/var/stash/Themes and you'll find the folder of whatever it is you downloaded. Copy the folder of whatever it is you downloaded to your PC/Computer, then open it, and by opening the folder you'll get to see how the theme was setup by folders, and what size the images are and all that. That's the best way to learn. That's how I learned...and now I can say I'm pretty darn good at themeing ANYTHING!

beeshabo...

Thanks for the info and I did go about checkin that out... I know where to look for things and how to modify them...
    The problem I'm having is how to get the changes saved and re-imported back into the phone so winterboard reads & activates the changes... thats all... =)

Thanks!

Thanks everyone for the help...

I realized I couldn't get my icons to change, b/c they weren't all named XACTLY THE SAME as their ORIGINAL TITLES. Now with that fix, I have a pretty sweet set of icons now that are 50x50 with a glass look overlay and pink & grayish underneath. They were made smaller so more of my background can be seen!

I'm totally loving this!!!

I also changed my dialer screen to black & white...
    Workin on a couple other screens, but I appreciate all the help here...
    When I get everything all said 'n' done, will post screen-shots! WOOHOO!!! I can luv my iPhone now! LOL!!
    Last edited by illusiveongaku7; 12-18-2009 at 03:48 AM.

PIN/ID
    neorabid
    glad we could help!
    Quotes to live by:

There you go!! If you need further help....just post back!

So far I have the dialer screen, all the icons and the weather screens all re-done... =)

If anyone's got any tips for the main/slider/lock screen or changing all the "blue or red" buttons for text 'n' such, that'd be great...

Thanks everyone!!!
    Last edited by illusiveongaku7; 12-21-2009 at 09:05 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast