Couple odd problems. 1. Last night after I got home from the gym (I listen ... iPhone Jailbreaking forum

cjeezy no está en línea Stack level 3

Couple odd things happened?

Advertisement

Couple odd problems.
    1. Last night after I got home from the gym (I listen to music on my iPhone), I installed the NES and Genesis emulators/games. I then plugged the phone into my home PC to check how much space I had left on my phone after all of the games had been installed. Normally I have about 7GB worth of stuff on my phone (around 5-6 GB of music alone). After looking at the memory status bar, it showed I had 0 GB of music and 5-6 GB of Apps. I checked my Ipod folder and poof all my music was gone. I then SSH into my phone and deleted many of the games I'd never play to free up more space. I did a respring and once the phone turned back on, my music was back and the apps were hardly taking up any space on the phone. The only thing I can think of is it had something to do with SwapTunes (I havent ben able to get it to work correctly as it just crashes when I start the app). I deleted this app after this happened last night.

2. Twice since I JB my phone, I've gotten a popup stating the Springboard crashed and to restart the phone. Once I restart, everything is fine (except the Stack app is a little out of wack). It only takes a few minutes to fix everything but just wonering if anyone else has had any periodic crashes?

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    cjeezy - Yeah, I think SwapTunes is what caused your music to periodically disappear, that's a bit odd to just happen!

Number 2, it happens, it happens to me one in a while, it usually happens after respringing my iPhone (like after setting a new theme or activating something in SBSettings) it's not a big problem, MobileSubstrate is what saves you in those situations ...a restart fixes it. I really wouldn't worry too much about it.

A good tip: Restart your iPhone once in a while, it helps it run smoother and prevents crashes

cjeezy no está en línea Stack level 3
    Glad to hear it doesn't cause any major issues. Is there a way I can check available memory from the phone? or maybe an app that is detailed and breakouts out what is using memory and how much?

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    yeah, just go to Settings>General>About and you'll see Capacity and Available. Even though you have a Jailbroken iPhone, the About app still reads the entire phone and it's content.

It has to because I have lots of space taken up by ROMs, Videos and Music, and my About clearly shows it as I have NO music or NO videos saved on the iPhone itself, only in dTunes. So, I'm pretty sure it's accurate because there's NO way I can take up 9 gb's with only 42 apps, so it is reading dTunes' content as well as the rest