I have an iPhone 3GS and it's jailbroken through Blackra1n...and I've noticed, if I turn ... iPhone Jailbreaking forum

dtole no está en línea Stack level 5

Blackra1n, Why can't I turn my phone off?

I have an iPhone 3GS and it's jailbroken through Blackra1n...and I've noticed, if I turn the phone off, or the battery dies, the phone goes back to the dreaded iTunes screen, as if the phone needs to be connected back to iTunes for activation

Is there something I'm missing or doing wrong?

My son's 3G is jailbroken and has no problems at all...

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    My iPod Touch does the same thing.

three3peat no está en línea Stack level 3
    You happen to have a newer model of the Iphone so your Jailbreak is called a Tethered Jailbreak. Which means anytime you have to restart or turn your phone off you should be near your pc and just run Blackra1n again . You wont lose anything , you just have to do this to reboot your phone .

Its a little annoying but the powers that be are working on a new JailBreak so you wont have to be tethered anymore.

My son has to do the same thing . He just waits till he gets home to install anything that requires a restart and carries his charging cable .

If you can deal with running BlackRa1n when you need to reboot cool , If not just wait a bit a new JB will be around the corner . Hopefully.

Hope this helps

This is a better Explanation

If your ipt2/3GS/ipt3 is rebooting into recovery after running blackra1n, this isn't a bug. It's a feature. You need to run blackra1n every time to boot it. This 'feature', called tethered jailbreak, is enabled by upgrades Apple made to the bootrom and the fact ipt3 uses nand flash.

If you run blackra1n on an already jailbroken phone, it will do nothing but boot it.