Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Have been thinking about jail breaking but not sure. Will I be able to return ... iPhone Jailbreaking forum

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack

Blackra1n, should I

Advertisement

Have been thinking about jail breaking but not sure. Will I be able to return it to the original or once jail broke no going back.
    Last edited by vince1; 02-02-2010 at 03:41 PM.
    Join the Lounge and relax and have fun
    http://forums.pinstack.com/f93/

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    Its a breez to JB, and yes you can go back to original by restoring with iTunes, but trust me you wont want to go back once you JB it, and get Cydia on it, and all the cracked apps you want for FREE.

TRUST ME YOU LOVE IT!!! WE ALL DO!!!

Do you already have your Blackra1n file? If so whatcya waitin on?

iLord is DEAD!

PIN/ID
    Stack
    Ok done it but the backup for the phone is at home on my laptop, im in work which is the pc i done the ra1n on. I am now getting the connect to itunes screen on the phone and when I connect to Itunes it wants to recover and update to latest OS.
    What should I do. I know, guess, that you should do a backup and the blackra1n on the one pc.
    Last edited by vince1; 02-03-2010 at 07:40 AM.
    http://forums.pinstack.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93

PIN/ID
    Stack
    All ok, just needed it to finish rebooting

Found a great walk throught here

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=5527
    http://forums.pinstack.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    You're gonna love your iphone a lot more Vince. You can customize the heck out of It and get apps for free and I'm not talkig about idiotic apps like ifart, I'm talking about apps like Tomtom, soca to help you view excel spreadsheets and what not. You won't regret it and if you ever do all you gotta do is go into iTunes while your iPhone's plugged in and select to restore. Yup that simple. Look at the snapshot below. This could be you. Check out the top left corner where the carrier name goes

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    If u need a little help restoring here is a thread that may help.

http://forums.pinstack.com/f255/step...iphone-109817/

PIN/ID
    Stack
    Have it all back working again. Thanks
    where do I find the operator change name thing
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by vince1 View Post
    Have it all back working again. Thanks
    where do I find the operator change name thing
    If you have all your cydia and/or rock sources you gotta download this app called make it mine and then you'd be able to name it whatever you like even blackberry lol

I personaly would not recomend using Rock, I have heard that it can conflict with Cydia and your apps, also I have used Rock and have had issues on more than one time that I had to restore, since I have learned about a conflict within the two I have not used Rock or even Downloaded the app to my device and have had no issues since.

iLord is DEAD!

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Yep, it's best to stick with just Cydia.

PIN/ID
    Stack
    Yeah have just got Cydia and just having some fun

Cool, well when your ready to have some real fun go add some sources.

iLord is DEAD!

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    You will love your iPhone a ton more. Just don't upgrade to the new firmware until further notice. It has no new features nor improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    You will love your iPhone a ton more. Just don't upgrade to the new firmware until further notice. It has no new features nor improvements.
    Vince~ Raton is absolutely correct, do not upgrade to 3.1.3 till a JB version has come out.

And when your ready for those sources hit one of us up and one of us will walk you to freedom.

iLord is DEAD!

grapemist no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Posted
    Wow...Please walk me to and upgrade!!! lol

I have a 32gb 3gs still using v.3.0.1 (firmware 4.26.08). I purchased my phone back in Sep 09. With the help of an online friend, I successfully jailbroke and unlocked my phone using ultrasnow and i believe BlackRain or Purple Rain (dont remember). I have lost touch with my friend and Ive been wanting to upgrade my phone for months but have been afraid to. I guess if its not broken, dont fix it but I want to get new apps that arent applicable to 3.0.1. If I want to upgrade to 3.1.3, do i have to upgrade to 3.1, then 3.1.2 first? Can you recommend the best way to go about this? Im lost all over again. Thanks
    Oh...and in Cydia, I have SHSH'S on file for 3.1, 3.1.2, and 3.1.3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast