Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I was a moron and gave my Bold away as a gift. Still have the ... iPhone Jailbreaking forum

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

I was a moron and gave my Bold away as a gift. Still have the 3GS JB on 3.1.2. Waiting for the 9700 to come out and will make the switch for good. I will still use my iPod Touch 3G with a Camera after the 9700 is released. It's a great as a toy but not a serious work phone. One exchange account? Took forever to get MMS, no tethering still, if backgrounder isn't installed you're not going to multi-task.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by tavella81 View Post
    I was a moron and gave my Bold away as a gift. Still have the 3GS JB on 3.1.2. Waiting for the 9700 to come out and will make the switch for good. I will still use my iPod Touch 3G with a Camera after the 9700 is released. It's a great as a toy but not a serious work phone. One exchange account? Took forever to get MMS, no tethering still, if backgrounder isn't installed you're not going to multi-task.
    When did the iPod Touch get a Camera? I must have missed that release?

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    The iPod touch does NOT have a camera, only the nano does.

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    Quote Originally Posted by tavella81 View Post
    Why do you need MMS for work? Tethering is available, and with OS 3.0 your able to have push notifications which allow up to 3 processes in the background not to mention that email, safari, ipod, and phone have always run in the background.

You really need to get your info straight before you come on here knocking the iPhone.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3
    Depends on what you consider "all around." Everyone's "all around" appears to be different. If you need access to multiple Exchange servers (that don't run IMAP), then BlackBerry works for that right now (if you use BIS). The iPhone can only connect to one (including the new gmail push service). If you browse the Internet a lot, then the iPhone is hands down the better phone. If you like a physical keyboard, Bold obviously. If you like to play games and such, iPhone. Lots of things to consider in regards to how you use your phone. I firmly believe that there is not one phone out there that is perfect for everyone. Everyone uses things differently (otherwise we'd all be boring), and as such, everyone has a different idea of what is good for them. Sorry if that sounds like a cop-out, but I really don't see how anyone can _objectively_ answer that question without knowing more about the users' needs.
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I fortunately have both, + an 8707v, a 8520 and the 8900.
    When I pick up the IPhone 3Gs it lasts a day in my hands and quickly grab the 8900 or the 8520.
    I'm that type of BB guy! Anything, anything is fine...but it must be a BB !

neilbu no está en línea Stack level 2
    iPhone 3GS hands down!

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I have them both - one for serious work the other for play - you guys guess which is for what

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    Bold to iPhone!!!

iLord is DEAD!

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I never thought I would say this, especially after years as a very happy BB user.

But after a year with a Bold 9000, and just months with a iPhone 3Gs,

I say jailbreak an iPhone 3Gs and you will never look back.

I love mine

(A BlackBerry? you gotta be kidding...heh!)

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    For a little more proof ask raton
    or better yet search a few of his latest posts.

nuf said.

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

Antgod no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2148A220
    I'm in the construction field ,never seen a iphone on a job site - work with everyone from grunts to owners of some big company's no iphone so I say bold,but like most people say to each there own.

mjh2104 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3210B928
    +1 for 3GS jailbroken

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    For a little more proof ask raton
    or better yet search a few of his latest posts.

nuf said.

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16
    Raton ? How long will he carry the iPhone 3Gs ?
    Mark my words, when he gets over the trial periods and what not he'll be back to BB.
    Won´t take long !

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    delfim - Here's Ratons LAST POST

Raton: Welcome to the club . I used to have a free turn by turn gps on all my previous bb's but now I have three running on one big screen device for free. Play mame games and customize the hell outta my phone and best of all with 0 crashes or battery pulls whereas with my bb's I would seriously have had from 5 to 11 battery or ctrl/alt/del's in a day. I'm not bashing bb's at all for they all were great phones to me but if you don't venture into something new you'd never know what you're missing out on. I made the switch and don't regret it at all. Btw, time to update your profile

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast